The Maggio range from California’s Oak Ridge Winery are produced by the fifth generation of the Maggio grape-growing family who turned their hand to winemaking in 2002 using their Lodi region vineyards. This old vine Petite Sirah blend is initially fermented separately in stainless steel before maturation with oak influence for 10 months adding complexity to the resulting blend.
The result is a richly coloured wine offering opulent notes of dark berried fruit and blueberry, with nuances of black pepper, fine cocoa and vanilla. Showing lovely balance, the ripe fruit is enveloped in elegant tannins through to a lingering finish. Try pairing with stewed, braised or barbecued red meats, or pungent roasted vegetables.
The Maggio family proudly put their name on bottles that reflect their long and uncompromising commitments to sustainable agriculture and winemaking excellence. 500 acres of estate vineyards throughout the Lodi American Viticultural Area bring a Mediterranean climate of warm days with coastal evening breezes, ideal for the cultivation of world-class wine grapes. The vines, some of which are over 100 years old, are gnarled and sculpted by time, yielding small amounts of intensely flavoured fruit to create wines that are the ultimate expression of their terroir.
|Grape:||Petite Sirah 76% Zinfandel 13%, Rubired 10% Other Varieties 1%|
Opulent bouquet notes of dark berried fruit and blueberry, with nuances of black pepper, fine cocoa and vanilla. Showing lovely balance, the ripe fruit is enveloped in elegant tannins through to a lingering finish.
|Vintage Note:||From the vintages available you will be delivered the earliest or a mix depending on quantities ordered. Please leave a message in basket if you require a specific vintage|
|World Type:||New World|
|Food Match:||Beef|Lamb|Barbecue|Roast vegetables|
If you can but not essential, buy in quantities of 1, 2, 3, 4, 6 or 12.
This greatly helps with the amount of padding needed to safely send your wine which in turn helps the environment, Win Win!
National Delivery - FREE on orders over £150
- FREE delivery on all orders over £150
- £10 delivery for orders under £150
- Order before 12pm Wednesday - Friday for same working day despatch
- We are currently not despatching orders Monday & Tuesday when the shop is closed
- Despatched via Parcel Force Next Working day delivery
- Track your order via text or email
Click & Collect - FREE
- Order ready to collect after 1 hour from order time
- Collect Wednesday-Saturday 12-7pm and Sunday 12-6pm
- Note Shop is closed Monday & Tuesday
Local Delivery - Free on orders over £100
- £5 delivery for orders under £100
- 2 mile radius from the shop, if you are within the radius you will be given the local delivery option at checkout.
- A member of the team will be in touch to book a slot for your delivery