Logodaj Winery use the rare, native Early Melnik grape grown in the sandy soils of Bulgaria's Struma Valley for their Melnik 55. Grapes go through pre-cold maceration for 4-5 days to retain natural freshness and fragrance. Fermentation then continues at higher temperatures before spending 12 months in barrique for malolactic fermentation.
This magnum sized bottle of Melnik 55 is intense ruby in colour with violet reflections. The nose shows scents of fresh cherry alongside spicy notes and sweet vanilla from the wood. The palate has great balance and elegance, with an enveloping taste, silky soft tannins, and a rich and persistent finish. Try with slow roasted meats or vegetables, stews, or blue cheeses.
Logodaj Winery was established in 1994 and is situated in the very heart of the picturesque Struma valley. It is the sunniest and the hottest part of Bulgaria with long traditions in winemaking. .Broad Leaved Melnik and Early Melnik Vine grape varieties thrive here, and are only grown in this part of the world.
The nose shows scents of fresh cherry alongside spicy notes and sweet vanilla from the wood. The palate has great balance and elegance, with an enveloping taste, silky soft tannins, and a rich and persistent finish.
|Ruby & Purple Hues
|Wine Making Process:
|From the vintages available you will be delivered the earliest or a mix depending on quantities ordered. Please leave a message in basket if you require a specific vintage
|Roast vegetables|Stew/Casserole|Beef|Lamb|Pork|Blue Cheese
If you can but not essential, buy in quantities of 1, 2, 3, 4, 6 or 12.
This greatly helps with the amount of padding needed to safely send your wine which in turn helps the environment, Win Win!
National Delivery - FREE on orders over £150
- FREE delivery on all orders over £150
- £10 delivery for orders under £150
- Order before 12pm Wednesday - Friday for same working day despatch
- We are currently not despatching orders Monday & Tuesday when the shop is closed
- Despatched via Parcel Force Next Working day delivery
- Track your order via text or email
Click & Collect - FREE
- Order ready to collect after 1 hour from order time
- Collect Wednesday-Saturday 12-7pm and Sunday 12-6pm
- Note Shop is closed Monday & Tuesday