This Tradition Method sparkling wine from South Africa's Laborie uses Chardonnay grapes hand harvested in the cool of the morning before. Whole-bunch pressed, with only free-run juice used for the final blend. A 50% portion was allowed to undergo malolactic fermentation before blending and bottling. Secondary fermentation in bottle followed by bottle maturation on lees of 36 months.
Golden in colour, this complex and indulgent wine shows clarity of fruit on the nose with hints of lime, green apple, toasted bread and hazelnut. The palate is creamy, round and textured with an explosive acidity and lasting, elegant finish. Try with oysters, sushi and other delicate seafood dishes.
The Laborie story began in 1691, when the Farm Laborie in the region of Paarl was granted to French Huguenot Isaac Taillefert. The family knowledge of French viticulture meant that within seven years they were producing drinkable wine. The Taillefert family laid a solid foundation of vineyards and outstanding wine production that, over three hundred years later, is evident in Laborie’s wines of distinction.
Clarity of fruit on the nose with hints of lime, green apple, toasted bread and hazelnut. The palate is creamy, round and textured with an explosive acidity and lasting, elegant finish.
|Wine Making Process:||Lees|Traditional Method|Bottle Aged|
|Vintage Note:||From the vintages available you will be delivered the earliest or a mix depending on quantities ordered. Please leave a message in basket if you require a specific vintage|
|World Type:||New World|
If you can but not essential, buy in quantities of 1, 2, 3, 4, 6 or 12.
This greatly helps with the amount of padding needed to safely send your wine which in turn helps the environment, Win Win!
National Delivery - FREE on orders over £150
- FREE delivery on all orders over £150
- £10 delivery for orders under £150
- Order before 12pm Wednesday - Friday for same working day despatch
- We are currently not despatching orders Monday & Tuesday when the shop is closed
- Despatched via Parcel Force Next Working day delivery
- Track your order via text or email
Click & Collect - FREE
- Order ready to collect after 1 hour from order time
- Collect Wednesday-Saturday 12-7pm and Sunday 12-6pm
- Note Shop is closed Monday & Tuesday
Local Delivery - Free on orders over £100
- £5 delivery for orders under £100
- 2 mile radius from the shop, if you are within the radius you will be given the local delivery option at checkout.
- A member of the team will be in touch to book a slot for your delivery