This Tradition Method sparkling wine from South Africa's Laborie uses Chardonnay grapes hand harvested in the cool of the morning before. Whole-bunch pressed, with only free-run juice used for the final blend. A 50% portion was allowed to undergo malolactic fermentation before blending and bottling. Secondary fermentation in bottle followed by bottle maturation on lees of 36 months.
Golden in colour, this complex and indulgent wine shows clarity of fruit on the nose with hints of lime, green apple, toasted bread and hazelnut. The palate is creamy, round and textured with an explosive acidity and lasting, elegant finish. Try with oysters, sushi and other delicate seafood dishes.
The Laborie story began in 1691, when the Farm Laborie in the region of Paarl was granted to French Huguenot Isaac Taillefert. The family knowledge of French viticulture meant that within seven years they were producing drinkable wine. The Taillefert family laid a solid foundation of vineyards and outstanding wine production that, over three hundred years later, is evident in Laborie’s wines of distinction.
Clarity of fruit on the nose with hints of lime, green apple, toasted bread and hazelnut. The palate is creamy, round and textured with an explosive acidity and lasting, elegant finish.
|Wine Making Process:||Lees|Traditional Method|Bottle Aged|
|World Type:||New World|
- FREE delivery on all orders over £100
- £8 delivery for orders under £100
- Order before 12pm for same working day despatch
- Despatched via Parcel Force Next Working day delivery
- Track your order via text or email
Click & Collect - FREE
- Order ready to collect after 1 hour from order time
- Collect Monday-Saturday 12-7.30pm and Sunday 12-6pm
- If the shop is full (we have limited numbers due to Covid) just ring the bell on the side gate for a quick pick up
- FREE delivery on all orders over £50
- £4 for orders under £50
- Delivery available to customers living in postcodes - BL1, BL22, BL23, BL24, & BL7
- Select your delivery slot from available dates & time in basket
Laborie Blanc De Blancs