La Rifra Desio Merlot
A beautiful Italian Merlot from the Lombardy area of Garda DOC at the south western side of Lake Garda. La Rifra winery hand harvest grapes from their clay and calcerous vineyards in the Moraine hills. Fermentation features regular pump overs before further ageing for 1 year in stainless steel and final 3 months in bottle before release.
This unoaked expression of Merlot is deep ruby in appearance, with aromas of red berries balancing white pepper and warm spices. The medium-bodied palate shows fine tannins alongside rich red cherry, bramble fruits and blackcurrant, before a hint of white pepper on the finish. Try with cured meats, roast beef, well seasoned poultry, tomato pasta dishes, or mature cheese.
La Rifra is a family-run farm that prides itself on bringing the best wines from Lugana lands. Founded in the 1970's, their decades of experience ensure they provide excellent and sustainable vineyard cultivation with minimal intervention and no use of herbicides.
Aromas of red berries balancing white pepper and warm spices. The medium-bodied palate shows fine tannins alongside rich red cherry, bramble fruits and blackcurrant, before a hint of white pepper on the finish.
|World Type:||Old World|
|Food Match:||Charcuterie|Beef|Chicken|Turkey|Pasta|Mature Cheese|
- FREE delivery on all orders over £100
- £8 delivery for orders under £100
- Order before 12pm for same working day despatch
- Despatched via Parcel Force Next Working day delivery
- Track your order via text or email
Click & Collect - FREE
- Order ready to collect after 1 hour from order time
- Collect Monday-Saturday 12-7.30pm and Sunday 12-6pm
- If the shop is full (we have limited numbers due to Covid) just ring the bell on the side gate for a quick pick up
- FREE delivery on all orders over £50
- £4 for orders under £50
- Delivery available to customers living in postcodes - BL1, BL22, BL23, BL24, & BL7
- Select your delivery slot from available dates & time in basket