A beautiful Italian Merlot from the Lombardy area of Garda DOC at the south western side of Lake Garda. La Rifra winery hand harvest grapes from their clay and calcerous vineyards in the Moraine hills. Fermentation features regular pump overs before further ageing for 1 year in stainless steel and final 3 months in bottle before release.
This unoaked expression of Merlot is deep ruby in appearance, with aromas of red berries balancing white pepper and warm spices. The medium-bodied palate shows fine tannins alongside rich red cherry, bramble fruits and blackcurrant, before a hint of white pepper on the finish. Try with cured meats, roast beef, well seasoned poultry, tomato pasta dishes, or mature cheese.
La Rifra is a family-run farm that prides itself on bringing the best wines from Lugana lands. Founded in the 1970's, their decades of experience ensure they provide excellent and sustainable vineyard cultivation with minimal intervention and no use of herbicides.
Aromas of red berries balancing white pepper and warm spices. The medium-bodied palate shows fine tannins alongside rich red cherry, bramble fruits and blackcurrant, before a hint of white pepper on the finish.
|Vintage Note:||From the vintages available you will be delivered the earliest or a mix depending on quantities ordered. Please leave a message in basket if you require a specific vintage|
|World Type:||Old World|
|Food Match:||Charcuterie|Beef|Chicken|Turkey|Pasta|Mature Cheese|Goose|
If you can but not essential, buy in quantities of 1, 2, 3, 4, 6 or 12.
This greatly helps with the amount of padding needed to safely send your wine which in turn helps the environment, Win Win!
National Delivery - FREE on orders over £150
- FREE delivery on all orders over £150
- £10 delivery for orders under £150
- Order before 12pm Wednesday - Friday for same working day despatch
- We are currently not despatching orders Monday & Tuesday when the shop is closed
- Despatched via Parcel Force Next Working day delivery
- Track your order via text or email
Click & Collect - FREE
- Order ready to collect after 1 hour from order time
- Collect Wednesday-Saturday 12-7pm and Sunday 12-6pm
- Note Shop is closed Monday & Tuesday
Local Delivery - Free on orders over £100
- £5 delivery for orders under £100
- 2 mile radius from the shop, if you are within the radius you will be given the local delivery option at checkout.
- A member of the team will be in touch to book a slot for your delivery