The La Guardiense co-operative select grapes from a multitude of very small family vineyards in the Sannio appellation of Campania. Falanghina grapes from clay/limestone soils are hand harvested in small crates before soft pressing and cool fermentation in stainless steel. Straw-yellow in colour, Calvese has a characteristic fruity bouquet, with orange flower water, cut kumquats, crystallised orange peel on the palate. Fresh and fruity along with a pleasant and mineral profile. Ideal with light appetizers, gnocchi or home-made pasta with tomato sauce.
The farming co-operative, La Guardiense, was founded over 60 years ago by 33 farsighted, collaborative farmers. Today membership has grown to nearly 1,000, but still only managing a total of about 1,500 hectares meaning that the fruit comes from a large selection of very small family owned vineyards. They stand by sustainable practice, with use of renewable energy from an innovative photovoltaic system, no added sulphites and native yeasts. The winery is in the village of Santa Lucia in the very heart of the southern Italian province of Benevento.
A characteristic fruity bouquet, with orange flower water, cut kumquats, crystallised orange peel on the palate. Fresh and fruity along with a pleasant and mineral profile.
|Vintage Note:||From the vintages available you will be delivered the earliest or a mix depending on quantities ordered. Please leave a message in basket if you require a specific vintage|
|World Type:||Old World|
If you can but not essential, buy in quantities of 1, 2, 3, 4, 6 or 12.
This greatly helps with the amount of padding needed to safely send your wine which in turn helps the environment, Win Win!
National Delivery - FREE on orders over £150
- FREE delivery on all orders over £150
- £10 delivery for orders under £150
- Order before 12pm Wednesday - Friday for same working day despatch
- We are currently not despatching orders Monday & Tuesday when the shop is closed
- Despatched via Parcel Force Next Working day delivery
- Track your order via text or email
Click & Collect - FREE
- Order ready to collect after 1 hour from order time
- Collect Wednesday-Saturday 12-7pm and Sunday 12-6pm
- Note Shop is closed Monday & Tuesday
Local Delivery - Free on orders over £100
- £5 delivery for orders under £100
- 2 mile radius from the shop, if you are within the radius you will be given the local delivery option at checkout.
- A member of the team will be in touch to book a slot for your delivery