The La Guardiense co-operative select grapes from a multitude of very small family vineyards in the Sannio appellation of Campania. Falanghina grapes from clay/limestone soils are hand harvested in small crates before soft pressing and cool fermentation in stainless steel. Straw-yellow in colour, Calvese has a characteristic fruity bouquet, with orange flower water, cut kumquats, crystallised orange peel on the palate. Fresh and fruity along with a pleasant and mineral profile. Ideal with light appetizers, gnocchi or home-made pasta with tomato sauce.
The farming co-operative, La Guardiense, was founded over 60 years ago by 33 farsighted, collaborative farmers. Today membership has grown to nearly 1,000, but still only managing a total of about 1,500 hectares meaning that the fruit comes from a large selection of very small family owned vineyards. They stand by sustainable practice, with use of renewable energy from an innovative photovoltaic system, no added sulphites and native yeasts. The winery is in the village of Santa Lucia in the very heart of the southern Italian province of Benevento.
A characteristic fruity bouquet, with orange flower water, cut kumquats, crystallised orange peel on the palate. Fresh and fruity along with a pleasant and mineral profile.
|World Type:||Old World|
- FREE delivery on all orders over £100
- £8 delivery for orders under £100
- Order before 12pm for same working day despatch
- Despatched via Parcel Force Next Working day delivery
- Track your order via text or email
Click & Collect - FREE
- Order ready to collect after 1 hour from order time
- Collect Monday-Saturday 12-7.30pm and Sunday 12-6pm
- If the shop is full (we have limited numbers due to Covid) just ring the bell on the side gate for a quick pick up
- FREE delivery on all orders over £50
- £4 for orders under £50
- Delivery available to customers living in postcodes - BL1, BL22, BL23, BL24, & BL7
- Select your delivery slot from available dates & time in basket
La Guardiense Calvese Falanghina: