Korten Winery select grapes from vineyards of Bulgaria's Thracian Valley for their Natura Mavrud and Rubin. These two signature indigenous grape varieties blend excellently, with the Mavrud boasting dark berries and noticeable presence in the body, and the enigmatic Rubin adding a variety of aromas and soft taste. The wine is aged for 9 months in 80% French and 20% American oak barrels.
The result is a wine of deep ruby appearance with complex aromas of cherry, blackberry and herbs. The medium bodied palate brings further notes of plums, dark chocolate, vanilla and blackcurrant, with well balanced acidity and ripe tannins. Try with beef, game, Iberico pork, stews or mature cheeses.
Korten is a small but very well positioned micro-winery headed by a dedicated team of Bulgarian wine makers. Their wines emphasise harmony between man and nature, utilising as many natural processes to make authentic wines with distinct character and expression of the terroir. Trained in fine wine making in Bulgaria, France and Australia, founders Kapka and Rosen have dedicated two decades to create highly rewarded wines.
|Grape:||Mavrud 60% Rubin 40%|
Complex aromas of cherry, blackberry and herbs. The medium bodied palate brings further notes of plums, dark chocolate, vanilla and blackcurrant, with well balanced acidity and ripe tannins.
|Vintage Note:||From the vintages available you will be delivered the earliest or a mix depending on quantities ordered. Please leave a message in basket if you require a specific vintage|
|World Type:||Old World|
|Food Match:||Beef|Game|Pork|Stew/Casserole|Mature Cheese|
If you can but not essential, buy in quantities of 1, 2, 3, 4, 6 or 12.
This greatly helps with the amount of padding needed to safely send your wine which in turn helps the environment, Win Win!
National Delivery - FREE on orders over £150
- FREE delivery on all orders over £150
- £10 delivery for orders under £150
- Order before 12pm Wednesday - Friday for same working day despatch
- We are currently not despatching orders Monday & Tuesday when the shop is closed
- Despatched via Parcel Force Next Working day delivery
- Track your order via text or email
Click & Collect - FREE
- Order ready to collect after 1 hour from order time
- Collect Wednesday-Saturday 12-7pm and Sunday 12-6pm
- Note Shop is closed Monday & Tuesday
Local Delivery - Free on orders over £100
- £5 delivery for orders under £100
- 2 mile radius from the shop, if you are within the radius you will be given the local delivery option at checkout.
- A member of the team will be in touch to book a slot for your delivery