Koncho & Co Aleksandrouli
As the wine that was the inspiration for Turton Wines' founding, Georgian wine continues to have unrivalled breadth. Widely acknowledged as the origin of wine as we know it, Georgia began production over 8,000 years ago and has sites of ancient winemaking with protected status from UNESCO. Famed for their ancient Qvevri winemaking method and the ability to not only produce superb red, white and orange dry wines, but superb and quintessentially Georgian semi-sweet wines of all types.
One of Georgia's top appellations its own right and the location of Koncho & Co, the Kindzmarauli name denotes the highest quality semi sweet wines. The winery have taken their commitment to cultivating native grapes to present their dry version of the renowned Khvanchkara-style semi sweet blend. 85% Aleksandrouli and 15% Mujuretuli grapes are aged for 12 months in oak.
This is a wine with real typicity; enticing aromas of fresh cherry and caramel jump out of the glass. On the dry palate, it is balanced and light-to-medium bodied, with notes of strawberry and sour cherry. Juicy and moreish with oak undertones, it reminds of a bright Pinot Noir. Perfect for quaffing in the summer with or without food, or try with salmon, roast chicken, duck or light tomato pasta dishes.
Koncho & Co. is run by the Konchoshvili family, with the name reflecting their longstanding integration between church, family, and winemaking. Their wine cellar dates back to 1737, founded by a Konchoshvili ancestor who was winemaker to the Kakhetian King. Vineyards located 405m above sea level combined with a wealth of expertise have made Koncho and Co gain wide recognition for their cultivation of rare, indigenous grape varietals.
|Grape:||Aleksandrouli 85% Mujuretuli 15%|
Enticing aromas of fresh cherry and caramel jump out of the glass. On the dry palate, it is balanced and light-to-medium bodied, with notes of strawberry and sour cherry.
|World Type:||Old World|
|Producer:||Koncho & Co|
- FREE delivery on all orders over £100
- £8 delivery for orders under £100
- Order before 12pm for same working day despatch
- Despatched via Parcel Force Next Working day delivery
- Track your order via text or email
Click & Collect - FREE
- Order ready to collect after 1 hour from order time
- Collect Monday-Saturday 12-7.30pm and Sunday 12-6pm
- If the shop is full (we have limited numbers due to Covid) just ring the bell on the side gate for a quick pick up
- FREE delivery on all orders over £50
- £4 for orders under £50
- Delivery available to customers living in postcodes - BL1, BL22, BL23, BL24, & BL7
- Select your delivery slot from available dates & time in basket