'Buzbağ' means Ice Vineyard and takes its name from the ice caves of Harput, a historic city in Eastern Anatolia. The Öküzgözü and Boğazkere grapes for this wine are grown in Elazığ, Eastern Anatolia and Diyarbakır, south eastern Anatolia. The vineyards sit at an altitude of 900m above sea level and are made up of red stony and clay soils.
The two varieties are vinified separately, each undergoing a cold soak and maceration for two days before fermentation in stainless steel tanks and malolactic conversion for a softer style of wine. The cuvées were then blended before bottling.
Öküzgözü and Boğazkere complement one another beautifully truly reflecting the nature of Eastern Anatolia. Generous acidity balances intense tannins in a fruit driven wine with spicy character. Flavours of cherry and red fruit provide an easy drinking style. Try with barbecued or grilled red meats (particularly lamb kebabs), mushrooms or aubergine, or mature cheeses.
Kayra use cutting edge winemaking to produce great award-winning wines using indigenous grapes from the Anatolia region of Turkey, an area considered by many to be the birthplace of wine. Under the guidance of consultant winemaker Daniel O'Donnell, it is Kayra's aim to reveal the true potential of Turkey and to bring their rich history and generous spirit to lovers of fine wine.
|Grape:||Öküzgözü 76% Boğazkere 24%|
Generous acidity balances intense tannins in a fruit driven wine with spicy character. Flavours of cherry and red fruit provide an easy drinking style.
|Appearance:||Ruby & Purple Hues|
|Vintage:||2019 / 2020|
|Vintage Note:||From the vintages available you will be delivered the earliest or a mix depending on quantities ordered. Please leave a message in basket if you require a specific vintage|
|World Type:||Old World|
|Food Match:||Aubergine|Mushroom|Barbecue|Mature Cheese|Lamb|
If you can but not essential, buy in quantities of 1, 2, 3, 4, 6 or 12.
This greatly helps with the amount of padding needed to safely send your wine which in turn helps the environment, Win Win!
National Delivery - FREE on orders over £150
- FREE delivery on all orders over £150
- £10 delivery for orders under £150
- Order before 12pm Wednesday - Friday for same working day despatch
- We are currently not despatching orders Monday & Tuesday when the shop is closed
- Despatched via Parcel Force Next Working day delivery
- Track your order via text or email
Click & Collect - FREE
- Order ready to collect after 1 hour from order time
- Collect Wednesday-Saturday 12-7pm and Sunday 12-6pm
- Note Shop is closed Monday & Tuesday
Local Delivery - Free on orders over £100
- £5 delivery for orders under £100
- 2 mile radius from the shop, if you are within the radius you will be given the local delivery option at checkout.
- A member of the team will be in touch to book a slot for your delivery