Kalos Wines 59N Chardonnay


Grape: Chardonnay

Country: Argentina

Region: Mendoza / Uco Valley

Body: Medium

Abv: 13%

Size: 75cl

59N Chardonnay uses grapes from Kalos Wines' Vista Flores y San Pablo vineyard in Valle de Uco, Mendoza, which sits at an altitude of 1020-1350m with deep, sandy loam soils. Vines are 25 years old and 94% of grapes are fermented in stainless steel tanks, with the remaining 6% fermented and aged in French oak barrels of second and third use. No malolactic fermentation.

The result is a Chardonnay of golden colour with clear green reflections. Complex aromas are reminiscent of apple, pineapple and peach. Hints of cocoa and honey are added on the palate, which raises in the mouth on the finish. Try with roast chicken and vegetables, creamy pasta and fish dishes, or soft cheeses. 

Argentina's Kalós Wines 59 Novias range pays tribute to Calixto, the Losada familys grandfather, who boasted of having 59 girlfriends in his youth. The Losada family took up residence in Mendoza 20 years ago and decided to produce wines of the highest quality as a way to pay tribute to the wine of the region and thank local people for their hospitality. That is why the philosophy behind Kalós Wines is to produce high-quality wines in small quantities.

Sub Type: White
Grape: Chardonnay
Country: Argentina
Region/Appellation: Mendoza/Uco Valley
Tasting Notes:

Complex aromas are reminiscent of apple, pineapple and peach. Hints of cocoa and honey are added on the palate, which raises in the mouth on the finish.

Appearance: Gold
Body: Medium
Sweetness: Dry
Blending: Varietal
Oaking: Part-Oaked
ABV: 13%
Vintage: 2021
Vintage Note: From the vintages available you will be delivered the earliest or a mix depending on quantities ordered. Please leave a message in basket if you require a specific vintage
World Type: New World
Closure: Cork
Wine Size: 75cl
Suitable: N/A
Food Match: Chicken|Vegetables|Roast vegetables|Pasta|Fish|Soft Cheese
Producer: Kalos Wines

If you can but not essential, buy in quantities of 1, 2, 3, 4, 6 or 12.

This greatly helps with the amount of padding needed to safely send your wine which in turn helps the environment, Win Win!

National Delivery - FREE on orders over £150

  • FREE delivery on all orders over £150
  • £10 delivery for orders under £150
  • Order before 12pm Wednesday - Friday for same working day despatch
  • We are currently not despatching orders Monday & Tuesday when the shop is closed
  • Despatched via Parcel Force Next Working day delivery
  • Track your order via text or email

Click & Collect - FREE

  • Order ready to collect after 1 hour from order time
  • Collect Wednesday-Saturday 12-7pm and Sunday 12-6pm
  • Note Shop is closed Monday & Tuesday

Local Delivery - Free on orders over £100

  • £5 delivery for orders under £100
  • 2 mile radius from the shop, if you are within the radius you will be given the local delivery option at checkout.
  • A member of the team will be in touch to book a slot for your delivery