Maison Joseph Drouhin present this premium French Pinot Noir from the world famous appellation of Gevrey-Chambertin, Burgundy. Vineyards of lean and chalky soils with a red-brown cover layer of clayey marl are naturally cultivated with an aim to keep yields low. Grapes are harvested by hand in small open crates before maceration and vinification for 2 to 3 weeks using indigenous yeasts. Daily punch downs and pump overs during fermentation, with ageing for 14 to 18 months in French oak barrels, 20% new oak.
The result is a wine of beautiful, bright ruby colour. Intensely fruity on the nose, aromas of black cherry, wild blackberry and liquorice marry subtle woody character. As the wine evolves, more complex notes of mild spice, nutmeg and leather join. Later still, mushroom and damp earth nuances appear. Tannins blend harmoniously with the natural freshness and velvety texture. Try with with lamb, roast pork, beef bourguignon, roasted vegetables, or mature cheeses. Suitable for cellaring for up to 20 years.
Maison Joseph Drouhin was founded in 1880 and is known for rigorous attention to detail, self-imposed discipline, willingness to learn, passion and daring. These qualities alongside the fine art of winemaking have been handed down through the generations, and now with the fourth generation at the helm, the winery continues to thrive.
Black cherry, wild blackberry and liquorice marry with subtle woody character on the nose. As the wine evolves, notes of mild spice, nutmeg and leather join. Later still, mushroom and damp earth nuances appear. Tannins blend harmoniously with the natural freshness and velvety texture.
|Vintage:||2018 / 2019|
|Vintage Note:||From the vintages available you will be delivered the earliest or a mix depending on quantities ordered. Please leave a message in basket if you require a specific vintage|
|World Type:||Old World|
|Food Match:||Pork|Roast vegetables|Lamb|Beef|Mature Cheese|
If you can but not essential, buy in quantities of 1, 2, 3, 4, 6 or 12.
This greatly helps with the amount of padding needed to safely send your wine which in turn helps the environment, Win Win!
National Delivery - FREE on orders over £150
- FREE delivery on all orders over £150
- £10 delivery for orders under £150
- Order before 12pm Wednesday - Friday for same working day despatch
- We are currently not despatching orders Monday & Tuesday when the shop is closed
- Despatched via Parcel Force Next Working day delivery
- Track your order via text or email
Click & Collect - FREE
- Order ready to collect after 1 hour from order time
- Collect Wednesday-Saturday 12-7pm and Sunday 12-6pm
- Note Shop is closed Monday & Tuesday
Local Delivery - Free on orders over £100
- £5 delivery for orders under £100
- 2 mile radius from the shop, if you are within the radius you will be given the local delivery option at checkout.
- A member of the team will be in touch to book a slot for your delivery