Inacayal Single Vineyard Malbec
An Argentinian red wine from the Mendoza region using night hand harvested Malbec grapes sourced from a single high altitude vineyard in the foothills of the Andes. 3 days of cold maceration followed by 8 days of fermentation, before a second maceration with malolactic fermentation for 30 days. 20% of the wine is kept in rotating oak barrels before blending and ageing for 18 months in new French oak followed by at least 12 months more in bottle before release.
Bold spice characters at the fore, supported by smoky and savoury notes. Rich bramble fruits on the palate along with notes of leather, fig and prune. A blueberry overtone and a hint of violet gives great complexity in a powerful style. Superb concentration with rounded tannins and a lingering red berry finish. Try with Argentinian empanadas (pastries) or classic roast meats.
Inacayal are situated in the upper Mendoza valley, where the river is halfway through its journey from the Andes mountains to the eastern plains. the clay/loam soil vineyards of Luján de Cuyo sit at altitudes of around 1000m, (3280 feet) above sea level. Luján de Cuyo was first delineated as a separate appellation in 1993, whilst the Viniterra winery was founded in 1997 by leading oenologist Adriano Senetiner.
|Region/Appellation:||Mendoza/Luján de Cuyo|
Bold spice characters supported by smoky and savoury notes. Rich bramble fruits, leather, fig and prune. A blueberry overtone and a hint of violet. Superb concentration with rounded tannins and a lingering red berry finish.
|Appearance:||Ruby & Purple Hues|
|Wine Making Process:||Malolactic|Bottle Aged|
|World Type:||New World|
- FREE delivery on all orders over £100
- £8 delivery for orders under £100
- Order before 12pm for same working day despatch
- Despatched via Parcel Force Next Working day delivery
- Track your order via text or email
Click & Collect - FREE
- Order ready to collect after 1 hour from order time
- Collect Monday-Saturday 12-7.30pm and Sunday 12-6pm
- If the shop is full (we have limited numbers due to Covid) just ring the bell on the side gate for a quick pick up
- FREE delivery on all orders over £50
- £4 for orders under £50
- Delivery available to customers living in postcodes - BL1, BL22, BL23, BL24, & BL7
- Select your delivery slot from available dates & time in basket