Gonzalez Byass sherries are produced from their bodega in Jerez, Spain, where unique, chalky vineyard soils retain moisture to help vines thrive during long, hot summers. The delicate first press must from Palomino grapes is used for their Amontillado Viña AB. The wine is fortified to 16,5% abv before entering the Tío Pepe Solera for a minimum of 4 years, ageing under its flor (natural yeast layer). It is then moved to the Viña AB Solera where it goes through oxidative ageing for a further 8 years.
This careful process creates a young Amontillado of light amber colour. Hazelnut aromas are subtle and delicate, whilst the palate shows soft oak notes. Pleasant with balanced acidity, its finish brings slight saltiness and bitter hints, with a long, nutty aftertaste. Very versatile, it can match the most complicated dishes. Try with charcuterie, duck, hard cheeses or nut pastries.
Sherry has run though the veins of five generations of the Gonzalez family since 1835 with founder Manuel Maria Gonzalez. Their beautiful and historic bodega is packed with barrels in every corner, from young Finos destined to bring joy to tapas’ feasts, exceptional Rare Old Soleras, and majestic vintage Olorosos and Palo Cortados.
Hazelnut aromas are subtle and delicate, whilst the palate shows soft oak notes. Pleasant with balanced acidity, its finish brings slight saltiness and bitter hints, with a long, nutty aftertaste.
|Wine Making Process:||Solera|
|World Type:||Old World|
|Food Match:||Charcuterie|Duck|Hard Cheese|Pastries|
- FREE delivery on all orders over £100
- £8 delivery for orders under £100
- Order before 12pm for same working day despatch
- Despatched via Parcel Force Next Working day delivery
- Track your order via text or email
Click & Collect - FREE
- Order ready to collect after 1 hour from order time
- Collect Monday-Saturday 12-7.30pm and Sunday 12-6pm
- If the shop is full (we have limited numbers due to Covid) just ring the bell on the side gate for a quick pick up
- FREE delivery on all orders over £50
- £4 for orders under £50
- Delivery available to customers living in postcodes - BL1, BL22, BL23, BL24, & BL7
- Select your delivery slot from available dates & time in basket
Gonzalez Byass Vina AB Amontillado Seco Sherry: