Gonzalez Byass sherries are produced from their bodega in Jerez, Spain, where unique, chalky vineyard soils retain moisture to help vines thrive during long, hot summers. The delicate first press must from Palomino grapes is used for their Amontillado Viña AB. The wine is fortified to 16,5% abv before entering the Tío Pepe Solera for a minimum of 4 years, ageing under its flor (natural yeast layer). It is then moved to the Viña AB Solera where it goes through oxidative ageing for a further 8 years.
This careful process creates a young Amontillado of light amber colour. Hazelnut aromas are subtle and delicate, whilst the palate shows soft oak notes. Pleasant with balanced acidity, its finish brings slight saltiness and bitter hints, with a long, nutty aftertaste. Very versatile, it can match the most complicated dishes. Try with charcuterie, duck, hard cheeses or nut pastries.
Sherry has run though the veins of five generations of the Gonzalez family since 1835 with founder Manuel Maria Gonzalez. Their beautiful and historic bodega is packed with barrels in every corner, from young Finos destined to bring joy to tapas’ feasts, exceptional Rare Old Soleras, and majestic vintage Olorosos and Palo Cortados.
Hazelnut aromas are subtle and delicate, whilst the palate shows soft oak notes. Pleasant with balanced acidity, its finish brings slight saltiness and bitter hints, with a long, nutty aftertaste.
|Wine Making Process:||Solera|
|Vintage Note:||From the vintages available you will be delivered the earliest or a mix depending on quantities ordered. Please leave a message in basket if you require a specific vintage|
|World Type:||Old World|
|Food Match:||Charcuterie|Duck|Hard Cheese|Pastries|
If you can but not essential, buy in quantities of 1, 2, 3, 4, 6 or 12.
This greatly helps with the amount of padding needed to safely send your wine which in turn helps the environment, Win Win!
National Delivery - FREE on orders over £150
- FREE delivery on all orders over £150
- £10 delivery for orders under £150
- Order before 12pm Wednesday - Friday for same working day despatch
- We are currently not despatching orders Monday & Tuesday when the shop is closed
- Despatched via Parcel Force Next Working day delivery
- Track your order via text or email
Click & Collect - FREE
- Order ready to collect after 1 hour from order time
- Collect Wednesday-Saturday 12-7pm and Sunday 12-6pm
- Note Shop is closed Monday & Tuesday
Local Delivery - Free on orders over £100
- £5 delivery for orders under £100
- 2 mile radius from the shop, if you are within the radius you will be given the local delivery option at checkout.
- A member of the team will be in touch to book a slot for your delivery