Gonzalez Byass sherries are produced from their bodega in Jerez, Spain, where unique, chalky vineyard soils retain moisture to help vines thrive during long, hot summers. Only the delicate free run and first press must is used for their Tio Pepe and after fermentation, it is fortified to 15% abv. It is then moved to the Tío Pepe Solera where it ages for a minimum of 4 years under its flor (natural yeast layer), the most important influence protecting from oxygen and imparting unique aroma and character.
This Tio Pepe sherry is crisp, fresh and uncompromisingly dry. Pale golden yellow in colour, with a nose of sharp yet elegant aromas of the flor yeast and toasted almonds. Completely dry on the palate with reminders of almonds. Super fresh with a long and complex finish. Fantastic with food, it has a natural affinity with fish and is perfectly suited to tapas-style dishes with ham, chorizo, olives and Manchego cheese.
Sherry has run though the veins of five generations of the Gonzalez family since 1835 with founder Manuel Maria Gonzalez. Their beautiful and historic bodega is packed with barrels in every corner, from young Finos destined to bring joy to tapas’ feasts, exceptional Rare Old Soleras, and majestic vintage Olorosos and Palo Cortados.
Crisp, fresh and uncompromisingly dry. Sharp yet elegant aromas of the flor yeast and toasted almonds. Completely dry on the palate with reminders of almonds. Super fresh with a long and complex finish.
|Wine Making Process:||Solera|
|Vintage Note:||From the vintages available you will be delivered the earliest or a mix depending on quantities ordered. Please leave a message in basket if you require a specific vintage|
|World Type:||Old World|
|Food Match:||Fish|Tapas|Charcuterie|Antipasti|Hard Cheese|
If you can but not essential, buy in quantities of 1, 2, 3, 4, 6 or 12.
This greatly helps with the amount of padding needed to safely send your wine which in turn helps the environment, Win Win!
National Delivery - FREE on orders over £150
- FREE delivery on all orders over £150
- £10 delivery for orders under £150
- Order before 12pm Wednesday - Friday for same working day despatch
- We are currently not despatching orders Monday & Tuesday when the shop is closed
- Despatched via Parcel Force Next Working day delivery
- Track your order via text or email
Click & Collect - FREE
- Order ready to collect after 1 hour from order time
- Collect Wednesday-Saturday 12-7pm and Sunday 12-6pm
- Note Shop is closed Monday & Tuesday
Local Delivery - Free on orders over £100
- £5 delivery for orders under £100
- 2 mile radius from the shop, if you are within the radius you will be given the local delivery option at checkout.
- A member of the team will be in touch to book a slot for your delivery