Gonzalez Byass sherries are produced from their bodega in Jerez, Spain, where unique, chalky vineyard soils retain moisture to help vines thrive during long, hot summers. Pedro Ximenez grapes are late harvested and then sundried for sweet concentration. Strong pressing before fermentation and fortification to 15% abv before entering the Néctar solera. The wine remains in cask for an average of 8 years following the traditional Solera system.
This creates the aptly named Nectar, a sweet sherry deep umber in colour with nectar-like texture due to its high sugar content. Rich aromas of raisins, figs and dates are accompanied by honey, syrup and fruit preserve. Velvety and smooth on the palate with good acidity which alleviates the sweetness before a long and flavourful finish. Try on its own or as a dessert wine, poured over vanilla ice cream, with dark chocolate cakes or
caramel based desserts.
Sherry has run though the veins of five generations of the Gonzalez family since 1835 with founder Manuel Maria Gonzalez. Their beautiful and historic bodega is packed with barrels in every corner, from young Finos destined to bring joy to tapas’ feasts, exceptional Rare Old Soleras, and majestic vintage Olorosos and Palo Cortados.
Rich aromas of raisins, figs and dates are accompanied by honey, syrup and fruit preserve. Velvety and smooth on the palate with good acidity which alleviates the sweetness before a long and flavourful finish.
|Wine Making Process:||Solera|
|Vintage Note:||From the vintages available you will be delivered the earliest or a mix depending on quantities ordered. Please leave a message in basket if you require a specific vintage|
|World Type:||Old World|
If you can but not essential, buy in quantities of 1, 2, 3, 4, 6 or 12.
This greatly helps with the amount of padding needed to safely send your wine which in turn helps the environment, Win Win!
National Delivery - FREE on orders over £150
- FREE delivery on all orders over £150
- £10 delivery for orders under £150
- Order before 12pm Wednesday - Friday for same working day despatch
- We are currently not despatching orders Monday & Tuesday when the shop is closed
- Despatched via Parcel Force Next Working day delivery
- Track your order via text or email
Click & Collect - FREE
- Order ready to collect after 1 hour from order time
- Collect Wednesday-Saturday 12-7pm and Sunday 12-6pm
- Note Shop is closed Monday & Tuesday
Local Delivery - Free on orders over £100
- £5 delivery for orders under £100
- 2 mile radius from the shop, if you are within the radius you will be given the local delivery option at checkout.
- A member of the team will be in touch to book a slot for your delivery