Gonzalez Byass sherries are produced from their bodega in Jerez, Spain, where unique, chalky vineyard soils retain moisture to help vines thrive during long, hot summers. This premium signature blend uses traditional Palomino Fino grapes alongside a small amount of Pedro Ximenez grapes that are late harvested and then sundried for sweet concentration.
Only the free run and first press must of the Palomino is used for this wine, with fermentation followed by fortification to 20% abv before entering the Palo Cortado Solera. Strong pressing of the Pedro Ximenez, fermentation and fortification to 15% abv before entering the PX solera. After ageing separately for 12 years, the two are carefully blended before entering the Apóstoles Solera where it spends a further 18 years making it a grand total of more than 30 years of ageing.
All of this creates Apostoles, a sherry of spectacular intensity. Dark amber in colour, it is an interesting wine with an elegant, delicate nose similar to an Amontillado with notes of concentrated fruits. The palate brings complexity and intensity, with notes of caramel, mature wood., nuts and candied orange peel. Try with red meats, mature cheeses, or simply on its own.
Sherry has run though the veins of five generations of the Gonzalez family since 1835 with founder Manuel Maria Gonzalez. Their beautiful and historic bodega is packed with barrels in every corner, from young Finos destined to bring joy to tapas’ feasts, exceptional Rare Old Soleras, and majestic vintage Olorosos and Palo Cortados.
Bottle Size 37.5cl
|Grape:||Palomino Fino 87% Pedro Ximenez 13%|
A wine of spectacular intensity with an elegant, delicate nose similar to an Amontillado with notes of concentrated fruits. The palate brings complexity and intensity, with notes of caramel, mature wood, nuts and candied orange peel.
|Wine Making Process:||Solera|
|Vintage Note:||From the vintages available you will be delivered the earliest or a mix depending on quantities ordered. Please leave a message in basket if you require a specific vintage|
|World Type:||Old World|
|Food Match:||Beef|Lamb|Pork|Game|Mature Cheese|
If you can but not essential, buy in quantities of 1, 2, 3, 4, 6 or 12.
This greatly helps with the amount of padding needed to safely send your wine which in turn helps the environment, Win Win!
National Delivery - FREE on orders over £150
- FREE delivery on all orders over £150
- £10 delivery for orders under £150
- Order before 12pm Wednesday - Friday for same working day despatch
- We are currently not despatching orders Monday & Tuesday when the shop is closed
- Despatched via Parcel Force Next Working day delivery
- Track your order via text or email
Click & Collect - FREE
- Order ready to collect after 1 hour from order time
- Collect Wednesday-Saturday 12-7pm and Sunday 12-6pm
- Note Shop is closed Monday & Tuesday
Local Delivery - Free on orders over £100
- £5 delivery for orders under £100
- 2 mile radius from the shop, if you are within the radius you will be given the local delivery option at checkout.
- A member of the team will be in touch to book a slot for your delivery