Gonzalez Byass sherries are produced from their bodega in Jerez, Spain, where unique, chalky vineyard soils retain moisture to help vines thrive during long, hot summers. This premium signature blend uses traditional Palomino Fino grapes alongside a small amount of Pedro Ximenez grapes that are late harvested and then sundried for sweet concentration.
Only the free run and first press must of the Palomino is used for this wine, with fermentation followed by fortification to 20% abv before entering the Palo Cortado Solera. Strong pressing of the Pedro Ximenez, fermentation and fortification to 15% abv before entering the PX solera. After ageing separately for 12 years, the two are carefully blended before entering the Apóstoles Solera where it spends a further 18 years making it a grand total of more than 30 years of ageing.
All of this creates Apostoles, a sherry of spectacular intensity. Dark amber in colour, it is an interesting wine with an elegant, delicate nose similar to an Amontillado with notes of concentrated fruits. The palate brings complexity and intensity, with notes of caramel, mature wood., nuts and candied orange peel. Try with red meats, mature cheeses, or simply on its own.
Sherry has run though the veins of five generations of the Gonzalez family since 1835 with founder Manuel Maria Gonzalez. Their beautiful and historic bodega is packed with barrels in every corner, from young Finos destined to bring joy to tapas’ feasts, exceptional Rare Old Soleras, and majestic vintage Olorosos and Palo Cortados.
Bottle Size 37.5cl
|Grape:||Palomino Fino 87% Pedro Ximenez 13%|
A wine of spectacular intensity with an elegant, delicate nose similar to an Amontillado with notes of concentrated fruits. The palate brings complexity and intensity, with notes of caramel, mature wood, nuts and candied orange peel.
|Wine Making Process:||Solera|
|World Type:||Old World|
|Food Match:||Beef|Lamb|Pork|Game|Mature Cheese|
- FREE delivery on all orders over £100
- £8 delivery for orders under £100
- Order before 12pm for same working day despatch
- Despatched via Parcel Force Next Working day delivery
- Track your order via text or email
Click & Collect - FREE
- Order ready to collect after 1 hour from order time
- Collect Monday-Saturday 12-7.30pm and Sunday 12-6pm
- If the shop is full (we have limited numbers due to Covid) just ring the bell on the side gate for a quick pick up
- FREE delivery on all orders over £50
- £4 for orders under £50
- Delivery available to customers living in postcodes - BL1, BL22, BL23, BL24, & BL7
- Select your delivery slot from available dates & time in basket
Gonzalez Byass Apostoles 30Yr Rare Signature Sherry:
Palomino Fino 87% Pedro Ximenez 13%