Nero d’Avola is a very important native varietal for Sicily. Initially found in Siracusa, it is now spread in all the wine-making areas on the island. Baglio Gibellina's Nero D'Avola hand harvests grapes from old hillside vineyards of clay soils with limited yields. Vinification is in small stainless steel tanks at a controlled temperature with no oak ageing.
Named 'Sogno del Sud' (Dream of the South), this wine is deep ruby red with violet flecks. It shows an intense nose of pomegranate and wild strawberry with hints of red berry fruits. Soft, velvety, and full bodied with smooth and sweet tannins. Try with beef, lamb, tomato pastas or aged cheeses.
Baglio Gibellina is situated in picturesque Sicily where its vineyards are surrounded by the hills of Salemi and Santa Ninfa. Old vineyards located between 300-600m above sea level are grown on a mixture of clay and volcanic soils with limited yields allowing for the production of outstanding wines with incredible food matching potential.
Organic and suitable for Vegans & Vegetarians
An intense nose of pomegranate and wild strawberry with hints of red berry fruits. Soft, velvety, and full bodied with smooth and sweet tannins.
|Vintage Note:||From the vintages available you will be delivered the earliest or a mix depending on quantities ordered. Please leave a message in basket if you require a specific vintage|
|World Type:||Old World|
|Food Match:||Pasta|Beef|Lamb|Mature Cheese|
If you can but not essential, buy in quantities of 1, 2, 3, 4, 6 or 12.
This greatly helps with the amount of padding needed to safely send your wine which in turn helps the environment, Win Win!
National Delivery - FREE on orders over £150
- FREE delivery on all orders over £150
- £10 delivery for orders under £150
- Order before 12pm Wednesday - Friday for same working day despatch
- We are currently not despatching orders Monday & Tuesday when the shop is closed
- Despatched via Parcel Force Next Working day delivery
- Track your order via text or email
Click & Collect - FREE
- Order ready to collect after 1 hour from order time
- Collect Wednesday-Saturday 12-7pm and Sunday 12-6pm
- Note Shop is closed Monday & Tuesday
Local Delivery - Free on orders over £100
- £5 delivery for orders under £100
- 2 mile radius from the shop, if you are within the radius you will be given the local delivery option at checkout.
- A member of the team will be in touch to book a slot for your delivery