Gaia Winery's Notios hails from the Nemea appellation in the north east corner of the Peloponnese peninsula in southern Greece. The small area has been involved in winemaking for centuries and continues in high international regard. This wine vinifies native Moschofilero, Roditis and Assyrtiko separately with selected yeasts in cool temperature stainless steel tanks to preserve varietal character.
The grapes are selected from in and around Nemea. Moschofilero grapes from mountainous vineyards in Arcadia, with 15 year old vines grown at an altitude of 700m for fruity characters and crisp acidity. Roditis grapes from 900m altitude in upland Corinth, in a microclimate which imparts elegance to the resulting wine. Assyrtiko grapes from 15 year old vines on the slopes of Koutsi at 600m altitude bring minerality and deep aromas.
This fusion of traditional Greek varieties results in a light, fresh and elegant wine. A lovely combination of exotic and floral aromas with a zesty grapefruit, green apple and peach kernel character on the palate. Complex with crisp acidity and a very refreshing zesty finish. Try with light appetisers, seafood, poultry or goats cheese.
One of the pioneers of the modern Greek wine revolution, Gaia Estate was established in 1994 by Greek winemakers Leon Karatsalos and Yiannis Paraskevopoulos. Operating two different wineries they make cutting edge wines in both Nemea and Santorini. Gaia's main aim is to present the potential of the indigenous Greek grape varieties to wine enthusiasts worldwide.
Suitable for Vegans & Vegetarians
|Grape:||Moschofilero 40% Roditis 40% Assyrtiko 20%|
Exotic and floral aromas with zesty grapefruit, green apple and peach kernel character on the palate. Complex with crisp acidity and a very refreshing zesty finish.
|World Type:||Old World|
|Food Match:||Canapes|Seafood|Chicken|Turkey|Goats Cheese|Goose|
- FREE delivery on all orders over £100
- £8 delivery for orders under £100
- Order before 12pm for same working day despatch
- Despatched via Parcel Force Next Working day delivery
- Track your order via text or email
Click & Collect - FREE
- Order ready to collect after 1 hour from order time
- Collect Monday-Saturday 12-7.30pm and Sunday 12-6pm
- If the shop is full (we have limited numbers due to Covid) just ring the bell on the side gate for a quick pick up
- FREE delivery on all orders over £50
- £4 for orders under £50
- Delivery available to customers living in postcodes - BL1, BL22, BL23, BL24, & BL7
- Select your delivery slot from available dates & time in basket
Gai'a Notios White:
Moschofilero 40% Roditis 40% Assyrtiko 20%