Gaia Winery's Notios hails from the Nemea appellation in the north east corner of the Peloponnese peninsula in southern Greece, where the fragrant red grape Agiorgitiko is native. The small area has been involved in winemaking for centuries and continues in high international regard.
This wine is produced from grapes of exceptional maturity that are cultivated in a low-yielding, non-irrigated vineyard on the hills surrounding the Nemea wine region. Hand picked grapes go through cold soaking and fermentation with selected yeasts at low and controlled temperatures. When malolactic conversion was complete, the young wine was cold stabilised. This unoaked style preserves the purity of fruit.
Notios red is a youthful style of wine with refreshing, velvety texture and intense, persistent aromas of ripe red and black fruit. Soft tannins underlie a well-structured and vivacious palate showing spicy flavours of fresh herbs, liquorice and summer pudding fruits. Try with lamb, roast or tandoori chicken, pizza or hard cheeses.
One of the pioneers of the modern Greek wine revolution, Gaia Estate was established in 1994 by Greek winemakers Leon Karatsalos and Yiannis Paraskevopoulos. Operating two different wineries they make cutting edge wines in both Nemea and Santorini. Gaia's main aim is to present the potential of the indigenous Greek grape varieties to wine enthusiasts worldwide.
Suitable for Vegans & Vegetarians
|Grape:||Agiorgitiko 85% Syrah 15%|
A youthful style with refreshing, velvety texture and intense, persistent aromas of ripe red and black fruit. Soft tannins underlie a well-structured and vivacious palate showing spicy flavours of fresh herbs, liquorice and summer pudding fruits.
|Wine Making Process:||Malolactic|
|Vintage:||2019 / 2020|
|Vintage Note:||From the vintages available you will be delivered the earliest or a mix depending on quantities ordered. Please leave a message in basket if you require a specific vintage|
|World Type:||Old World|
|Food Match:||Lamb|Chicken|Pizza|South Asian dishes|Hard Cheese|
If you can but not essential, buy in quantities of 1, 2, 3, 4, 6 or 12.
This greatly helps with the amount of padding needed to safely send your wine which in turn helps the environment, Win Win!
National Delivery - FREE on orders over £150
- FREE delivery on all orders over £150
- £10 delivery for orders under £150
- Order before 12pm Wednesday - Friday for same working day despatch
- We are currently not despatching orders Monday & Tuesday when the shop is closed
- Despatched via Parcel Force Next Working day delivery
- Track your order via text or email
Click & Collect - FREE
- Order ready to collect after 1 hour from order time
- Collect Wednesday-Saturday 12-7pm and Sunday 12-6pm
- Note Shop is closed Monday & Tuesday
Local Delivery - Free on orders over £100
- £5 delivery for orders under £100
- 2 mile radius from the shop, if you are within the radius you will be given the local delivery option at checkout.
- A member of the team will be in touch to book a slot for your delivery