On the West Coast 300km north of Cape Town, the largely unspoiled coastline of Doringbaai is home to arguably the world’s only vineyard so close to the icy Atlantic Ocean, Fryer’s Cove. Vines dot the hillside by the rocky shore, providing wines with a distinct maritime character. This Sauvignon Blanc uses grapes from vineyards of heavily decomposed granitic soils, harvested in the cool night and early morning, before fermentation in stainless steel tanks.
The result is a wine of bright lemon appearance with concentrated aromas on the nose of guava, paw-paw, green fig and limes. The palate is fresh, bright and bursting with vibrant citrus fruit, mouthwatering grapefruit and wonderful saline savouriness that makes it a fantastic food pairing. Try with sashimi, oysters, ceviche – anything from the sea as well as salads and grilled chicken.
Fryer's Cove Winery was founded in 1999 after many years of hard work to create the perfect vineyard conditions by the Atlantic coastline. This unique placement allows use of the natural resources surrounding it, with ocean water used for cooling allowing a much reduced carbon footprint and, of course, South African wines like no others.
Concentrated aromas on the nose of guava, paw-paw, green fig and limes. The palate is fresh, bright and bursting with vibrant citrus fruit, mouthwatering grapefruit and wonderful saline savouriness.
|Vintage Note:||From the vintages available you will be delivered the earliest or a mix depending on quantities ordered. Please leave a message in basket if you require a specific vintage|
|World Type:||New World|
|Food Match:||Sushi|Shellfish|Salad|Chicken|East Asian dishes|Seafood|
If you can but not essential, buy in quantities of 1, 2, 3, 4, 6 or 12.
This greatly helps with the amount of padding needed to safely send your wine which in turn helps the environment, Win Win!
National Delivery - FREE on orders over £150
- FREE delivery on all orders over £150
- £10 delivery for orders under £150
- Order before 12pm Wednesday - Friday for same working day despatch
- We are currently not despatching orders Monday & Tuesday when the shop is closed
- Despatched via Parcel Force Next Working day delivery
- Track your order via text or email
Click & Collect - FREE
- Order ready to collect after 1 hour from order time
- Collect Wednesday-Saturday 12-7pm and Sunday 12-6pm
- Note Shop is closed Monday & Tuesday
Local Delivery - Free on orders over £100
- £5 delivery for orders under £100
- 2 mile radius from the shop, if you are within the radius you will be given the local delivery option at checkout.
- A member of the team will be in touch to book a slot for your delivery