An elegant and daring blend of Merlot and the enigmatic Bulgarian Rubin, the grapes for this wine are carefully sourced from private growers in the Thracian Valley. Handpicked in small trays, grapes are macerated on skins for several days, with constant temperature control during fermentation. After a month, malolactic fermentation occurs before final blending and bottling.
The result is a wine of intense ruby appearance with crimson hues. A pronounced fruity nose shows black cherry and plum, whilst the medium palate is fresh and lively, yet smooth and harmonious, with forest fruits, herbs and light spice on the long finish. Try with barbecue dishes, lamb, pork, sausages, tomato sauce pasta and vegetarian dishes, or soft cheeses.
Made by friends, for friends, the Friendsips range is created by Petar Georgiev and Radostin Milkov who travelled the world from 2014 to gain fresh ideas, before embarking on their creation of contemporary Bulgarian wines that celebrated native varieties such as Mavrud, Rubin, Misket and Dimyat. Joined by celebrated young winemaker Nikolay Krastev, their style allows for all their wines to feel modern and elegant, revealing the beauty of native grapes alongside international varieties.
|Grape:||Merlot 70% Rubin 30%|
A pronounced fruity nose shows black cherry and plum, whilst the medium palate is fresh yet smooth and harmonious, with forest fruits, herbs and light spice on the long finish.
|Wine Making Process:||Malolactic|
|Vintage Note:||From the vintages available you will be delivered the earliest or a mix depending on quantities ordered. Please leave a message in basket if you require a specific vintage|
|World Type:||Old World|
|Food Match:||Vegetables|Roast vegetables|Barbecue|Lamb|Pork|Soft Cheese|Pasta|
If you can but not essential, buy in quantities of 1, 2, 3, 4, 6 or 12.
This greatly helps with the amount of padding needed to safely send your wine which in turn helps the environment, Win Win!
National Delivery - FREE on orders over £150
- FREE delivery on all orders over £150
- £10 delivery for orders under £150
- Order before 12pm Wednesday - Friday for same working day despatch
- We are currently not despatching orders Monday & Tuesday when the shop is closed
- Despatched via Parcel Force Next Working day delivery
- Track your order via text or email
Click & Collect - FREE
- Order ready to collect after 1 hour from order time
- Collect Wednesday-Saturday 12-7pm and Sunday 12-6pm
- Note Shop is closed Monday & Tuesday
Local Delivery - Free on orders over £100
- £5 delivery for orders under £100
- 2 mile radius from the shop, if you are within the radius you will be given the local delivery option at checkout.
- A member of the team will be in touch to book a slot for your delivery