Franschhoek Cellar The Churchyard Cabernet Sauvignon
Franschhoek Cellar is a beautiful estate on the Franschhoek Valley wine route of South Africa, and is home to an exquisite range of award-winning wines created to fully complement their cuisine.
The Churchyard is their Cabernet Sauvignon, showing the typical silky, fine tannin structure and prominent black fruit of the region's grapes. Daily pump-overs and punch downs during fermentation, before 8 to 12 months of gentle French oak maturation.
The result is a wine of great presence and poise, with blackcurrants and violets on the nose followed by concentrated dark berry flavours integrated with tobacco and spice from the savoury oak. Rich mouthfeel and a smooth, juicy, lingering finish. Recommended with hearty stews and casseroles, roast beef, steak or mature hard cheese.
Winner of Silver at the 2021 Decanter World Wines Awards.
|Grape:||Cabernet Sauvignon 100%|
Blackcurrants and violets on the nose followed by concentrated dark berry flavours integrated with tobacco and spice from the savoury oak. Rich mouthfeel and a smooth, juicy, lingering finish.
|World Type:||New World|
|Food Match:||Beef|Stew/Casserole|Hard Cheese|
- FREE delivery on all orders over £100
- £8 delivery for orders under £100
- Order before 12pm for same working day despatch
- Despatched via Parcel Force Next Working day delivery
- Track your order via text or email
Click & Collect - FREE
- Order ready to collect after 1 hour from order time
- Collect Monday-Saturday 12-7.30pm and Sunday 12-6pm
- If the shop is full (we have limited numbers due to Covid) just ring the bell on the side gate for a quick pick up
- FREE delivery on all orders over £50
- £4 for orders under £50
- Delivery available to customers living in postcodes - BL1, BL22, BL23, BL24, & BL7
- Select your delivery slot from available dates & time in basket