Fontana Fredda create this Nebbiolo varietal wine using grapes from the hills of Langhe where vines enjoy calcareous marl soils. Whole bunches ferment in stainless steel tanks, alternating layers of 50% crushed-destemmed must and 50% whole bunches of grapes, for 10-12 days. The wine ages in wood for at least 4 months and then in the bottle for at least 1 to 2 months before release.
Ebbio is garnet in colour with scents of cherry, strawberry, red berry fruits, black pepper and rose. It strokes the structured palate with a pleasant sensation of volume, silky tannins and crisp acidity. Perfect for further bottle ageing, with complexity due to peak 3 to 4 years after harvest. Try with flavoursome pasta dishes, red meats and medium-mature cheeses.
Fontana Fredda are producers of Barolo and great wines of the Langhe, situated in Serralunga d’Alba. Established in 1858, as part of a love story between the King of Italy, Vittorio Emanuele II, and Rosa Vercellana, they now cultivate 120 hectares of organic crops. They have eliminated chemical fertilizers, herbicides and systemic treatments in vineyards.
Scents of cherry, strawberry, red berry fruits, black pepper and rose. It strokes the structured palate with a pleasant sensation of volume, silky tannins and crisp acidity.
|Wine Making Process:||Bottle Aged|
|Vintage Note:||From the vintages available you will be delivered the earliest or a mix depending on quantities ordered. Please leave a message in basket if you require a specific vintage|
|World Type:||Old World|
|Food Match:||Pasta|Beef|Lamb|Pork|Mature Cheese|Hard Cheese|
If you can but not essential, buy in quantities of 1, 2, 3, 4, 6 or 12.
This greatly helps with the amount of padding needed to safely send your wine which in turn helps the environment, Win Win!
National Delivery - FREE on orders over £150
- FREE delivery on all orders over £150
- £10 delivery for orders under £150
- Order before 12pm Wednesday - Friday for same working day despatch
- We are currently not despatching orders Monday & Tuesday when the shop is closed
- Despatched via Parcel Force Next Working day delivery
- Track your order via text or email
Click & Collect - FREE
- Order ready to collect after 1 hour from order time
- Collect Wednesday-Saturday 12-7pm and Sunday 12-6pm
- Note Shop is closed Monday & Tuesday
Local Delivery - Free on orders over £100
- £5 delivery for orders under £100
- 2 mile radius from the shop, if you are within the radius you will be given the local delivery option at checkout.
- A member of the team will be in touch to book a slot for your delivery