Babeasca Neagra (aka Rara Neagra) is a popular Romanian-Moldovan grape variety that has reputedly been grown in the region for 2000 years and is very popular with locals. Vinified by father and son Podgoria Nicoresti for the Folklore range, grapes are harvested from vineyards in the region of Nicoresti and aged in oak.
The resulting wine, named 'Malanca' is ruby in appearance, with bright red fruit aromas of cranberry, sour cherry, plum and red currant alongside hints of cinnamon and dried flowers. This falls on to the dry, rounded palate alongside soft tannins balanced with high, fresh acidity. A good red wine to pair with white meats, try with chicken, turkey, mushroom dishes or aged cheeses.
Malanca is a very old Romanian tradition from the north of Moldova and Bucovina that takes place on New Year's Eve, consisting of carolers who dress a boy in bridal clothes, called Malanca, and visit all the houses where an unmarried girl lives.
Bright red fruit aromas of cranberry, sour cherry, plum and red currant alongside hints of cinnamon and dry flower. This falls on to the dry, rounded palate alongside soft tannins balanced with high, fresh acidity.
|Vintage Note:||From the vintages available you will be delivered the earliest or a mix depending on quantities ordered. Please leave a message in basket if you require a specific vintage|
|World Type:||Old World|
|Food Match:||Chicken|Turkey|Mushroom|Mature Cheese|
If you can but not essential, buy in quantities of 1, 2, 3, 4, 6 or 12.
This greatly helps with the amount of padding needed to safely send your wine which in turn helps the environment, Win Win!
National Delivery - FREE on orders over £150
- FREE delivery on all orders over £150
- £10 delivery for orders under £150
- Order before 12pm Wednesday - Friday for same working day despatch
- We are currently not despatching orders Monday & Tuesday when the shop is closed
- Despatched via Parcel Force Next Working day delivery
- Track your order via text or email
Click & Collect - FREE
- Order ready to collect after 1 hour from order time
- Collect Wednesday-Saturday 12-7pm and Sunday 12-6pm
- Note Shop is closed Monday & Tuesday
Local Delivery - Free on orders over £100
- £5 delivery for orders under £100
- 2 mile radius from the shop, if you are within the radius you will be given the local delivery option at checkout.
- A member of the team will be in touch to book a slot for your delivery