Fio Ratzelhaft Weiss
Fio present an excellent example of black slate soils, using hand harvested Riesling grapes from selected steep slope vineyards across the Mosel region of Germany. An older sibling to Fio's lighter Fabelhaft Riesling, Ratzelhaft maintains the freshness yet provides a riper, weightier style from part-oak ageing. Both elements were allowed to spend a year on lees, without the use of sulphites, for good texture and concentration.
The result is a wine that is mineral, fruity, lively, elegant, and slightly smoky with a subtle saltiness and good, dry acidity. Aromas and flavours of peach, pear with citrus nuances. Try with fish such as salmon or tuna, sushi or spiced East and South Asian dishes.
Fio is a fascinating project between 3 winemakers from Germany's Lothar Kettern and Portugal's Niepoort Wines. Their respective members combine the talents of youth and enthusiasm with tradition and experience to bring exciting modern wines, with a new Riesling vineyard in Piesport acquired specifically for their project.
A wine that is mineral, fruity, lively, elegant, and slightly smoky with a subtle saltiness and good, dry acidity. Aromas and flavours of peach, pear with citrus nuances.
|Wine Making Process:||Lees|
|World Type:||Old World|
|Food Match:||Fish|Sushi|South Asian dishes|East Asian dishes|
- FREE delivery on all orders over £100
- £8 delivery for orders under £100
- Order before 12pm for same working day despatch
- Despatched via Parcel Force Next Working day delivery
- Track your order via text or email
Click & Collect - FREE
- Order ready to collect after 1 hour from order time
- Collect Monday-Saturday 12-7.30pm and Sunday 12-6pm
- If the shop is full (we have limited numbers due to Covid) just ring the bell on the side gate for a quick pick up
- FREE delivery on all orders over £50
- £4 for orders under £50
- Delivery available to customers living in postcodes - BL1, BL22, BL23, BL24, & BL7
- Select your delivery slot from available dates & time in basket