Finca Trasluz Crianza uses grapes from selected La Rioja vineyards of low vigour and low yield, with vines between 20 and 30 years' age harvested at optimal ripeness. Whole berry cold maceration and fermentation in tank is followed by malolactic fermentation in French and American oak barrels before ageing for 15 months in the same barrels. Unfined or filtered, the wine spends 6 months in bottle before release.
The result is an intense and elegant wine with aromas of dried prunes, cherries and liquorice, spicy notes of black pepper, cloves and nutmeg, with tobacco leaves, toffee and subtle smoke. Gentle, velvety, and voluminous on the palate, this meaty, rounded, wine shows full body with a ripe, lingering finish, very polished tannins, and a spicy aftertaste. Try with barbecue cuisine such as lamb skewers or roasted eggplant, lasagne, tomato-sauce tapas, Manchego or smoked cheese.
Bodegas Tobia have a vision "to express to the world our land deep-rooted feelings, our culture and our inherited traditions, adding innovation and great passion to create wines that will make us enjoy life; wines made in a natural and straightforward way."
Aromas of dried prunes, cherries and liquorice, spicy notes of black pepper, cloves and nutmeg, with tobacco leaves, toffee and subtle smoke. Gentle, velvety, and voluminous on the palate, this meaty, rounded, wine shows full body with a ripe, lingering finish, very polished tannins, and a spicy aftertaste.
|Vintage Note:||From the vintages available you will be delivered the earliest or a mix depending on quantities ordered. Please leave a message in basket if you require a specific vintage|
|World Type:||Old World|
|Food Match:||Pasta|Pizza|Barbecue|Smoked Cheese|Hard Cheese|Lamb|Beef|Aubergine|
If you can but not essential, buy in quantities of 1, 2, 3, 4, 6 or 12.
This greatly helps with the amount of padding needed to safely send your wine which in turn helps the environment, Win Win!
National Delivery - FREE on orders over £150
- FREE delivery on all orders over £150
- £10 delivery for orders under £150
- Order before 12pm Wednesday - Friday for same working day despatch
- We are currently not despatching orders Monday & Tuesday when the shop is closed
- Despatched via Parcel Force Next Working day delivery
- Track your order via text or email
Click & Collect - FREE
- Order ready to collect after 1 hour from order time
- Collect Wednesday-Saturday 12-7pm and Sunday 12-6pm
- Note Shop is closed Monday & Tuesday
Local Delivery - Free on orders over £100
- £5 delivery for orders under £100
- 2 mile radius from the shop, if you are within the radius you will be given the local delivery option at checkout.
- A member of the team will be in touch to book a slot for your delivery