This Montepulciano d'Abruzzo wine from Italy's Feudi d'Albe allows the regional Montepulciano grapes to undergo skin maceration for one week, before fermentation in stainless steel at controlled temperatures. The wine was left to mature for a further
12 months in stainless steel tanks and concrete vats. 15% was aged in oak, adding
subtle complexity to the final blend.
Deep ruby in appearance, this is a full-flavoured and meaty wine packed with spicy forest fruit flavours accentuated by leathery, savoury notes. Aromas of red berries, blackberry and black cherry with a pleasantly dry hint of liquorice on the palate. The soft tannins are well-balanced and lead to a satisfying finish. Try with rich meat dishes, game, roasted pepper or aubergine.
One of the main protagonists in the renaissance of Southern Italian wines, Feudi di San Gregorio has carved out a world class reputation in less than 40 years. Founded in the mid 1980s with the aim of safeguarding local traditions and unlocking the potential of key indigenous grapes such as Fiano, Greco, Falanghina and Aglianico. Their vineyards are spread out over lush and gentle hills in Sorbo Serpico, Campania.
Suitable for Vegans & Vegetarians
A full-flavoured and meaty wine packed with spicy forest fruit flavours accentuated by leathery, savoury notes. Aromas of red berries, blackberry and black cherry with a pleasantly dry hint of liquorice on the palate. Soft tannins and a satisfying finish.
|Vintage Note:||From the vintages available you will be delivered the earliest or a mix depending on quantities ordered. Please leave a message in basket if you require a specific vintage|
|World Type:||Old World|
|Food Match:||Beef|Lamb|Game|Roast vegetables|Aubergine|
If you can but not essential, buy in quantities of 1, 2, 3, 4, 6 or 12.
This greatly helps with the amount of padding needed to safely send your wine which in turn helps the environment, Win Win!
National Delivery - FREE on orders over £150
- FREE delivery on all orders over £150
- £10 delivery for orders under £150
- Order before 12pm Wednesday - Friday for same working day despatch
- We are currently not despatching orders Monday & Tuesday when the shop is closed
- Despatched via Parcel Force Next Working day delivery
- Track your order via text or email
Click & Collect - FREE
- Order ready to collect after 1 hour from order time
- Collect Wednesday-Saturday 12-7pm and Sunday 12-6pm
- Note Shop is closed Monday & Tuesday
Local Delivery - Free on orders over £100
- £5 delivery for orders under £100
- 2 mile radius from the shop, if you are within the radius you will be given the local delivery option at checkout.
- A member of the team will be in touch to book a slot for your delivery