Casa Velha red is created by the Adega de Favaios co-operative in Douro, Portugal. Touriga Nacional, Tinta Roriz and Tinta Barraca grapes are harvested from the warm schist slopes of Douro at an altitude of 300-450m. Fermented in stainless steel with malolactic fermentation followed by a short period in old oak barrels, creating roundness whilst keeping it beautifully fresh.
Bags of aromatics include layers of liquorice, blueberry, plum and a medley of dark ripe berries. The palate has good structure and lively acidity, opening up the taste buds to fresh red fruit, spices and liquorice freshness. Appealing tannins with a clean finish. Try with tomato and pepper sauces, grilled red meats and vegetables, or varied cheeseboards.
Adega de Favaios in the heart of the Douro Valley is a cooperative who care for each one of their grapes with passion. They started this association in 1952 and the winery combines new technology with the region's centuries old winemaking traditions. These Douro wines from Adega de Favaios focus on quality at a lower price by simply embracing the future by taking care of the past.
Suitable for Vegans & Vegetarians
|Grape:||Touriga Nacional, Tinta Roriz, Tinta Barraca|
Layers of liquorice, blueberry, plum and a medley of dark ripe berries. Lively palate of fresh red fruit, spices and liquorice freshness. Appealing tannins with a clean finish.
|Wine Making Process:||Malolactic|
|Vintage Note:||From the vintages available you will be delivered the earliest or a mix depending on quantities ordered. Please leave a message in basket if you require a specific vintage|
|World Type:||Old World|
|Producer:||Adega de Favaios|
If you can but not essential, buy in quantities of 1, 2, 3, 4, 6 or 12.
This greatly helps with the amount of padding needed to safely send your wine which in turn helps the environment, Win Win!
National Delivery - FREE on orders over £150
- FREE delivery on all orders over £150
- £10 delivery for orders under £150
- Order before 12pm Wednesday - Friday for same working day despatch
- We are currently not despatching orders Monday & Tuesday when the shop is closed
- Despatched via Parcel Force Next Working day delivery
- Track your order via text or email
Click & Collect - FREE
- Order ready to collect after 1 hour from order time
- Collect Wednesday-Saturday 12-7pm and Sunday 12-6pm
- Note Shop is closed Monday & Tuesday
Local Delivery - Free on orders over £100
- £5 delivery for orders under £100
- 2 mile radius from the shop, if you are within the radius you will be given the local delivery option at checkout.
- A member of the team will be in touch to book a slot for your delivery