A premium Brunello di Montalcino Italian red wine using only the best Sangiovese vintages from Barbi's vineyards in Tuscany. Hand harvested with 4 years in Slovenian oak casks and 1 year bottle ageing before release.
Ruby red in appearance, the nose is intensely pronounced offering an entertaining array of red and black berry fruits, spices, oak and classic red cherry. Richly complex on the palate with added fig and forest floor alongside the fruit, and subtle tobacco and vanilla on an everlasting, elegant finish. Try with steak or game with rich mushroom sauces, roast lamb, flavourful tomato pastas, or mature hard cheeses.
In 1969, the term ‘Super Tuscan’ was coined to describe this winery’s Brusco dei Barbi, and the family’s combined land holdings in Montalcino and Scansano continue to produce a stunning range of wines today. Their Brunellos are truly renowned.
|Region/Appellation:||Tuscany/Brunello di Montalcino|
Intensely pronounced aromas of an array of red and black berry fruits, spices, oak and classic red cherry. Richly complex on the palate with added fig and forest floor alongside the fruit, and subtle tobacco and vanilla on an everlasting, elegant finish.
|Wine Making Process:||Bottle Aged|
|Vintage Note:||From the vintages available you will be delivered the earliest or a mix depending on quantities ordered. Please leave a message in basket if you require a specific vintage|
|World Type:||Old World|
|Food Match:||Beef|Game|Lamb|Mushroom|Pasta|Mature Cheese|Hard Cheese|
|Producer:||Fattoria dei Barbi|
If you can but not essential, buy in quantities of 1, 2, 3, 4, 6 or 12.
This greatly helps with the amount of padding needed to safely send your wine which in turn helps the environment, Win Win!
National Delivery - FREE on orders over £150
- FREE delivery on all orders over £150
- £10 delivery for orders under £150
- Order before 12pm Wednesday - Friday for same working day despatch
- We are currently not despatching orders Monday & Tuesday when the shop is closed
- Despatched via Parcel Force Next Working day delivery
- Track your order via text or email
Click & Collect - FREE
- Order ready to collect after 1 hour from order time
- Collect Wednesday-Saturday 12-7pm and Sunday 12-6pm
- Note Shop is closed Monday & Tuesday
Local Delivery - Free on orders over £100
- £5 delivery for orders under £100
- 2 mile radius from the shop, if you are within the radius you will be given the local delivery option at checkout.
- A member of the team will be in touch to book a slot for your delivery