Dugladze Tibaani Qvevri
As the wine that was the inspiration for Turton Wines' founding, Georgian wine continues to have unrivalled breadth. Widely acknowledged as the origin of wine as we know it, Georgia began production over 8,000 years ago and has sites of ancient winemaking with protected status from UNESCO. Famed for their ancient Qvevri winemaking method and the ability to not only produce superb red, white and orange dry wines, but superb and quintessentially Georgian semi-sweet wines of all types.
A Georgian white wine from the Tibaani micro-zone in the Kakheti region, considered to be perfect for the traditional Kahetian Qvevri orange wines. Dugladze use Rkatsiteli grapes that are pressed with their stems into the Qvevri and kneaded 3 times a day as it ferments. Once fermented, the wine remains in the skins until the following February / March. Aromas of sugared hazelnut, dried apple and herbal notes with a palate showing the best blend of strength and elegance. Try with grilled or barbecued meats and vegetables, spicy dishes or full cheeseboards.
Dugladze Wine Co was founded in 2004 and prides itself on combining traditional Georgian traditions, novelties and loyalty to the family business. They have vineyards across three wine regions: Kakheti overlooking the Alazani River in the Caucus foothills, and Imereti and Kartli nearer to the Black Sea.
Many Georgian wines source grapes from small family vineyards, so ingrained in culture that they are a strong part of family heritage. There are several wine regions that hold 18 Specific Viticultural Areas held in high regard, with careful monitoring and low yields. The ancient Qvevri method is still in wide use. Qvevri are large clay pots, buried underground to their necks for perfect fermentation and ageing temperature, often with skins and stems for full concentration. This method is a key part of orange wine production.
Aromas of sugared hazelnut, dried apple and herbal notes with a palate showing the best blend of strength and elegance.
|Wine Making Process:||Qvevri|
|World Type:||Old World|
|Food Match:||Barbecue|Roast vegetables|Pork|Chicken|Beef|Curry|East Asian dishes|South Asian dishes|Cheese|
|Producer:||Dugladze Wine Co|
- FREE delivery on all orders over £100
- £8 delivery for orders under £100
- Order before 12pm for same working day despatch
- Despatched via Parcel Force Next Working day delivery
- Track your order via text or email
Click & Collect - FREE
- Order ready to collect after 1 hour from order time
- Collect Monday-Saturday 12-7.30pm and Sunday 12-6pm
- If the shop is full (we have limited numbers due to Covid) just ring the bell on the side gate for a quick pick up
- FREE delivery on all orders over £50
- £4 for orders under £50
- Delivery available to customers living in postcodes - BL1, BL22, BL23, BL24, & BL7
- Select your delivery slot from available dates & time in basket