Domaine Louis Michel et Fils work with 21 hectares of vineyards, many of them Premier and Grand Cru. This Premier Cru Chablis uses Chardonnay grapes from old vines planted in 1974. Located on the right bank of the Serein, alongside the Grand Crus, Montée de Tonnerre is the most prestigious of the Chablis Premier Crus. Kimmeridgian soils have lots of marl oyster fossils with plenty of limestone pebbles on perfectly exposed slopes.
Unoaked, the wine goes through long fermentation using indigenous yeasts, spontaneous malolactic fermentation and then maturation for 12 to 16 months in stainless steel tanks, with the least possible handling. Fining uses bentonite if necessary, with gentle filtration once before bottling.
The result is a wine with 8 to 15 years cellaring potential. This wine offers a perfect balance between mineral freshness and very ripe fruit, with a flinty bouquet overlaid by nectar and crisp lemon. The palate is warm, mouth watering and saline, with a spicy cinnamon finish. Must be aired or carafed before tasting. Try with pesto bruscetta, Mediterranean salads, shellfish, pan fried scallop, swiss or goats cheese.
The Michel family have been making wines in the heart of Chablis since the 19th century. A firmly rooted sense of excellence is passed down from generation to generation. They thrive with terroir of Kimmeridgian and Portlandian subsoil, a semi-continental climate and an emblematic grape, Chardonnay, to create Chablis perfection. Vineyard vines are 45 years old on average and located on the most prestigious parcels of the appellation.
|Region/Appellation:||Burgundy/Chablis Premier Cru|
This wine offers a perfect balance between mineral freshness and very ripe fruit, with a flinty bouquet overlaid by nectar and crisp lemon. The palate is warm, mouth watering and saline, with a spicy cinnamon finish.
|Wine Making Process:||Lees|
|Vintage Note:||From the vintages available you will be delivered the earliest or a mix depending on quantities ordered. Please leave a message in basket if you require a specific vintage|
|World Type:||Old World|
|Food Match:||Shellfish|Goats Cheese|Cheese|Mediterranean|Salad|
|Producer:||Domaine Louis Michel|
If you can but not essential, buy in quantities of 1, 2, 3, 4, 6 or 12.
This greatly helps with the amount of padding needed to safely send your wine which in turn helps the environment, Win Win!
National Delivery - FREE on orders over £150
- FREE delivery on all orders over £150
- £10 delivery for orders under £150
- Order before 12pm Wednesday - Friday for same working day despatch
- We are currently not despatching orders Monday & Tuesday when the shop is closed
- Despatched via Parcel Force Next Working day delivery
- Track your order via text or email
Click & Collect - FREE
- Order ready to collect after 1 hour from order time
- Collect Wednesday-Saturday 12-7pm and Sunday 12-6pm
- Note Shop is closed Monday & Tuesday
Local Delivery - Free on orders over £100
- £5 delivery for orders under £100
- 2 mile radius from the shop, if you are within the radius you will be given the local delivery option at checkout.
- A member of the team will be in touch to book a slot for your delivery