France's Domaine Lavigne bring us this enticing vielles vignes Cabernet Franc from the small appellation of Saumur Champigny in the Loire Valley. Grapes from old vines of an average of 35 years in sustainably managed vineyards where chemical treatments are kept to a minimum with accurate forecasting, conservation the clay and chalk soils, and growing plants and grasses between vines for natural pest control.
Grapes are fermented in stainless steel with the resulting unoaked style expressing purity of the fruit. Rich aromas are dominated by a raspberry and granite character, alongside layered blackberry. The silky, supple and generous palate shows a refreshing dryness on the finish. A versatile food pairing wine, try with your favourite roasted white or red meats, hearty vegetables, hard or soft cheeses.
Domaine Lavigne is run by a husband and wife team and is based in Varrains in Saumur-Champigny, where they cultivate 40 hectares of Cabernet Franc and 2 hectares of Chenin Blanc vineyards. Not only sustainable for themselves, the winery has been proactively involved in a weather tower project, which has endeavoured to help the entire Saumur appellation.
Rich aromas are dominated by a raspberry and granite character, alongside layered blackberry. The silky, supple and generous palate shows a refreshing dryness on the finish.
|Wine Making Process:||Old Vines|
|Vintage Note:||From the vintages available you will be delivered the earliest or a mix depending on quantities ordered. Please leave a message in basket if you require a specific vintage|
|World Type:||Old World|
|Food Match:||Chicken|Pork|Beef|Lamb|Duck|Roast vegetables|Hard Cheese|Soft Cheese|
If you can but not essential, buy in quantities of 1, 2, 3, 4, 6 or 12.
This greatly helps with the amount of padding needed to safely send your wine which in turn helps the environment, Win Win!
National Delivery - FREE on orders over £150
- FREE delivery on all orders over £150
- £10 delivery for orders under £150
- Order before 12pm Wednesday - Friday for same working day despatch
- We are currently not despatching orders Monday & Tuesday when the shop is closed
- Despatched via Parcel Force Next Working day delivery
- Track your order via text or email
Click & Collect - FREE
- Order ready to collect after 1 hour from order time
- Collect Wednesday-Saturday 12-7pm and Sunday 12-6pm
- Note Shop is closed Monday & Tuesday
Local Delivery - Free on orders over £100
- £5 delivery for orders under £100
- 2 mile radius from the shop, if you are within the radius you will be given the local delivery option at checkout.
- A member of the team will be in touch to book a slot for your delivery