The village of Meursault in Cote de Beaune, Burgundy, is famed for its unique take on Chardonnay wine. Jean-Michel Gaunoux et Fils source grapes from hand tended vines with green harvesting carried out at the beginning of ripening season. Remaining select bunches are left to thrive, before hand harvesting and swift transfer to the winery for further hand selection and gentle pressing. Fermentation is completed to dryness in a selection of new and 2nd fill French barriques before 12-14 months ageing on lees in barrel. Bottling takes place unfiltered and unfined.
This creates a Meursault cuvee of high power and acidity, with aromas of citrus fruits and exotic spices. Well formed tropical and citrus notes fall on to a steely palate, balancing the honeyed mouth. Great minerality, length and ageing potential. Try with shellfish, trout or salmon, sweetly spiced East Asian dishes, garlic dishes, creamy mushroom sauces, or soft cheese.
Domaine Jean-Michel Gaunoux et Fils is an inherited family estate taken over in 1978 and covering an area of 6 hectares in the municipalities of Puligny, Meursault, Volnay and Pommard. Respect of terroir is key, with the estate managed in a sustainable way; no weedkiller is used and they only plow to preserve soils. All their wines are vinified with the utmost tradition.
Aromas of citrus fruits and exotic spices. Well formed tropical and citrus notes fall on to a steely palate, balancing the honeyed mouth. Great minerality, length and ageing potential.
|Wine Making Process:||Lees|
|World Type:||Old World|
|Food Match:||Shellfish|East Asian dishes|Garlic Dishes|Fish|Mushroom|Soft Cheese|
|Producer:||Domaine Jean-Michel Gaunoux|
- FREE delivery on all orders over £100
- £8 delivery for orders under £100
- Order before 12pm for same working day despatch
- Despatched via Parcel Force Next Working day delivery
- Track your order via text or email
Click & Collect - FREE
- Order ready to collect after 1 hour from order time
- Collect Monday-Saturday 12-7.30pm and Sunday 12-6pm
- If the shop is full (we have limited numbers due to Covid) just ring the bell on the side gate for a quick pick up
- FREE delivery on all orders over £50
- £4 for orders under £50
- Delivery available to customers living in postcodes - BL1, BL22, BL23, BL24, & BL7
- Select your delivery slot from available dates & time in basket
Domaine Jean Michel Gaunoux Mersault: