Domaine Faiveley have been producing wines in Nuits St Georges, a stunning Burgundy appellation, since 1825. This wine is produced traditionally with hand harvested Pinot Noir grapes (old and new vines) grown in clay-limestone soils. Produced to be fresh and crispy with fine balance of tannins and acidity, Daily punch-downs extract good colour, the wine is aged for 14 months in French oak barrels (20-30% new oak), before further cellar rest in vats for 2 months before release.
The resulting wine is intense garnet-ruby in colour with aromas of small black fruits, oak and spice. The palate reveals a smooth, rich attack, velvety tannins and good balance. Blackberry and cherry come through before an exceptionally long and elegant finish. This wine has potential for further cellar ageing in bottle of 8 to 10 years. Try with duck and berry sauce, game, lamb or pulse tagine/stews, or rich mature cheeses.
Domaine Faiveley have vineyard parcels in the most renowned areas of Nuits-Saint-Georges, expanding over the years to cover the Côte de Nuits and Côte de Beaune in prestigious appellations such as Gevrey-Chambertin, Pommard, and Puligny-Montrachet. The family has developed the Joseph Faiveley signature for almost two hundred years and continue to select grapes using a strict and rigorous selection process. They have the High Environmental Value Certification (H.V.E), awarded in December 2019 for their sustainable viticulture methods and desire to keep environmental impact to a minimum.
|Region/Appellation:||Burgundy/Nuits St Georges|
Aromas of small black fruits, oak and spice. The palate reveals a smooth, rich attack, velvety tannins and good balance. Blackberry and cherry come through before an exceptionally long and elegant finish.
|Wine Making Process:||Old Vines|Bottle Aged|
|World Type:||Old World|
|Food Match:||Duck|Game|Stew/Casserole|Lamb|Pulses|Mature Cheese|
- FREE delivery on all orders over £100
- £8 delivery for orders under £100
- Order before 12pm for same working day despatch
- Despatched via Parcel Force Next Working day delivery
- Track your order via text or email
Click & Collect - FREE
- Order ready to collect after 1 hour from order time
- Collect Monday-Saturday 12-7.30pm and Sunday 12-6pm
- If the shop is full (we have limited numbers due to Covid) just ring the bell on the side gate for a quick pick up
- FREE delivery on all orders over £50
- £4 for orders under £50
- Delivery available to customers living in postcodes - BL1, BL22, BL23, BL24, & BL7
- Select your delivery slot from available dates & time in basket