This premium Sauvignon Blanc wine from France's Pouilly Fume appellation in the Loire Valley is carefully created by the Langoux family of Domaine de Petit Soumard, who have been involved in winemaking since 1895. This wine shows classic gooseberry and grassy notes in the bouquet, with an underlying smokiness. The well structured palate shows subtle honeysuckle, crisp gooseberry and a delicate smoky finish. Excellent with seafood, fish, chicken or spiced East Asian dishes.
Pouilly Fume is one of the most highly regarded wines produced in the Loire Valley and is situated across the river from that other premium appellation, Sancerre. Both areas produce wines from the Sauvignon Blanc grape, with Pouilly Fume wines often showing more roundness, smoky elements and softer texture, than the lighter, crispier Sancerre. Both areas bring classic grassy, gooseberry and grapefruit characters to the fore.
|Grape:||Sauvignon Blanc 100%|
|Region/Appellation:||Loire Valley/Pouilly Fume|
Classic gooseberry and grassy notes in the bouquet, with an underlying smokiness. The well structured palate shows subtle honeysuckle, crisp gooseberry and a delicate smoky finish.
|World Type:||Old World|
|Food Match:||Seafood|Fish|Chicken|East Asian dishes|
|Producer:||Domaine de Petit Soumard|
- FREE delivery on all orders over £100
- £8 delivery for orders under £100
- Order before 12pm for same working day despatch
- Despatched via Parcel Force Next Working day delivery
- Track your order via text or email
Click & Collect - FREE
- Order ready to collect after 1 hour from order time
- Collect Monday-Saturday 12-7.30pm and Sunday 12-6pm
- If the shop is full (we have limited numbers due to Covid) just ring the bell on the side gate for a quick pick up
- FREE delivery on all orders over £50
- £4 for orders under £50
- Delivery available to customers living in postcodes - BL1, BL22, BL23, BL24, & BL7
- Select your delivery slot from available dates & time in basket
Domaine De Petit Soumard Pouilly Fume:
Sauvignon Blanc 100%