France's Chateauneuf du Pape in Rhone is prized for its red wines, but one needn't go further to sample the best white wine. Domaine de la Janasse present a premium white wine using old vine Grenache Blanc, Clairette and Roussanne grapes. One third of the wine is aged in new barriques with lees stirring for 14 months, with the remainder retaining freshness in stainless steel.
The final blend has an expressive nose of dried tropical fruits and citrus, whilst the sublimely ripe and rounded palate shows apricot, pineapple and melon. The background reveals layers of green almond, honeysuckle and buttered brioche on the long, creamy finish. Try with creamy herbed or spiced fish dishes, smoked ham, sauteed vegetables, hard or soft cheeses.
Domaine de la Janasse source the grapes for this wine from vines planted in the 1940's, and only 900 to 1200 bottles are made in any year, making it an excellent limited run to add to any collection. The Sabon family-owned winery owes its success in part to its rigorous selection of grapes, with the harvester making the first selection, and a second sorting by family members as grapes are emptied into trays. This close and careful monitoring continues throughout production to final bottling.
|Grape:||Grenache Blanc 50% Clairette 25% Roussanne 25%|
|Region/Appellation:||Rhone/Chateauneuf du Pape|
Expressive nose of dried tropical fruits and citrus, whilst the sublimely ripe and rounded palate shows apricot, pineapple and melon. The background reveals layers of green almond, honeysuckle and buttered brioche on the long, creamy finish.
|Wine Making Process:||Lees|Old Vines|
|Vintage Note:||From the vintages available you will be delivered the earliest or a mix depending on quantities ordered. Please leave a message in basket if you require a specific vintage|
|World Type:||Old World|
|Food Match:||Fish|Pork|Vegetables|Hard Cheese|Soft Cheese|
|Producer:||Domaine de la Janasse|
If you can but not essential, buy in quantities of 1, 2, 3, 4, 6 or 12.
This greatly helps with the amount of padding needed to safely send your wine which in turn helps the environment, Win Win!
National Delivery - FREE on orders over £150
- FREE delivery on all orders over £150
- £10 delivery for orders under £150
- Order before 12pm Wednesday - Friday for same working day despatch
- We are currently not despatching orders Monday & Tuesday when the shop is closed
- Despatched via Parcel Force Next Working day delivery
- Track your order via text or email
Click & Collect - FREE
- Order ready to collect after 1 hour from order time
- Collect Wednesday-Saturday 12-7pm and Sunday 12-6pm
- Note Shop is closed Monday & Tuesday
Local Delivery - Free on orders over £100
- £5 delivery for orders under £100
- 2 mile radius from the shop, if you are within the radius you will be given the local delivery option at checkout.
- A member of the team will be in touch to book a slot for your delivery