A Malbec from the grape's traditional French home of Cahors, K-Nom adds a touch of Merlot for finesse. Grapes are sourced from the Clos Troteligotte organic and biodynamic vineyards of high elevation, with unique calcareous-clay-siderolithic soils, (red clay soil of limestone rich in iron). Initial cold maceration followed by fermentation with natural native yeasts, manual punching down and a second maceration. The wine was aged in unlined concrete vats, on its fine lees for 18 months. Only a minimal amount of sulphur was added at bottling.
The 25 year old vine and soils impart outstanding minerality and complexity. K-Nom is a modern styled Cahors wine with intense aromas of blackcurrant, menthol nuances and wonderful mineral notes. Concentrated black fruits persist on the full bodied palate, with good balance through to a textured finish. Try with roasted pork, goose, stuffed mushrooms or pepper, blue or other pungent soft cheeses.
The ever-innovative Emmanuel Rybinski of Clos Troteligotte is one of Cahor's up and coming young stars. The 14 hectare vineyard is located atop an iron-rich plateau on the southern border of the Cahors appellation and produces predominantly Malbec. Respect for the land is a priority for this family estate commitment to sustainable farming practices and organic agriculture certification in 2014, also embracing biodynamic viticulture.
Organic, Biodynamic, Low Sulphur
|Grape:||Malbec 85% Merlot 15%|
Intense aromas of blackcurrant, menthol nuances and wonderful mineral notes. Concentrated black fruits persist on the full bodied palate, with good balance through to a textured finish.
|Wine Making Process:||Old Vines|Lees|
|Vintage:||2020 / 2022|
|Vintage Note:||From the vintages available you will be delivered the earliest or a mix depending on quantities ordered. Please leave a message in basket if you require a specific vintage|
|World Type:||Old World|
|Food Match:||Pork|Goose|Vegetables|Mushroom|Blue Cheese|Soft Cheese|Mature Cheese|
If you can but not essential, buy in quantities of 1, 2, 3, 4, 6 or 12.
This greatly helps with the amount of padding needed to safely send your wine which in turn helps the environment, Win Win!
National Delivery - FREE on orders over £150
- FREE delivery on all orders over £150
- £10 delivery for orders under £150
- Order before 12pm Wednesday - Friday for same working day despatch
- We are currently not despatching orders Monday & Tuesday when the shop is closed
- Despatched via Parcel Force Next Working day delivery
- Track your order via text or email
Click & Collect - FREE
- Order ready to collect after 1 hour from order time
- Collect Wednesday-Saturday 12-7pm and Sunday 12-6pm
- Note Shop is closed Monday & Tuesday
Local Delivery - Free on orders over £100
- £5 delivery for orders under £100
- 2 mile radius from the shop, if you are within the radius you will be given the local delivery option at checkout.
- A member of the team will be in touch to book a slot for your delivery