Clos Troteligotte K-Nom Malbec
A Malbec from the grape's traditional French home of Cahors, K-Nom adds a touch of Merlot for finesse. Grapes are sourced from the Clos Troteligotte organic and biodynamic vineyards of high elevation, with unique calcareous-clay-siderolithic soils, (red clay soil of limestone rich in iron). Initial cold maceration followed by fermentation with natural native yeasts, manual punching down and a second maceration. The wine was aged in unlined concrete vats, on its fine lees for 18 months. Only a minimal amount of sulphur was added at bottling.
The 25 year old vine and soils impart outstanding minerality and complexity. K-Nom is a modern styled Cahors wine with intense aromas of blackcurrant, menthol nuances and wonderful mineral notes. Concentrated black fruits persist on the full bodied palate, with good balance through to a textured finish. Try with roasted pork, goose, stuffed mushrooms or pepper, blue or other pungent soft cheeses.
The ever-innovative Emmanuel Rybinski of Clos Troteligotte is one of Cahor's up and coming young stars. The 14 hectare vineyard is located atop an iron-rich plateau on the southern border of the Cahors appellation and produces predominantly Malbec. Respect for the land is a priority for this family estate commitment to sustainable farming practices and organic agriculture certification in 2014, also embracing biodynamic viticulture.
Organic, Biodynamic, Low Sulphur
|Grape:||Malbec 85% Merlot 15%|
Intense aromas of blackcurrant, menthol nuances and wonderful mineral notes. Concentrated black fruits persist on the full bodied palate, with good balance through to a textured finish.
|Wine Making Process:||Old Vines|Lees|
|World Type:||Old World|
|Food Match:||Pork|Goose|Vegetables|Mushroom|Blue Cheese|Soft Cheese|Mature Cheese|
- FREE delivery on all orders over £100
- £8 delivery for orders under £100
- Order before 12pm for same working day despatch
- Despatched via Parcel Force Next Working day delivery
- Track your order via text or email
Click & Collect - FREE
- Order ready to collect after 1 hour from order time
- Collect Monday-Saturday 12-7.30pm and Sunday 12-6pm
- If the shop is full (we have limited numbers due to Covid) just ring the bell on the side gate for a quick pick up
- FREE delivery on all orders over £50
- £4 for orders under £50
- Delivery available to customers living in postcodes - BL1, BL22, BL23, BL24, & BL7
- Select your delivery slot from available dates & time in basket