An excellent example of the Pessac-Leognan appellation in Graves, Bordeaux, where the terroir with hilly relief brings unique gravel deposits rolled by the Garonne for nearly 2 million years. Chateau Valoux present a perfected blend of Cabernet Sauvignon and Merlot. Grapes are hand harvested from small grand cru vineyards of limestone and clay soils before traditional vinification.
Deep ruby in colour, this wine shows an intense, pure nose of black fruits, bread and toasted almonds. The palate expresses ripe fruit flavour alongside currant and violet, silky tannins and refreshing acidity for superb balance. Able to age in bottle for 5 to 10 years. Try with a range of meats: grilled, braised or stewed lamb, beef, duck, pork or game. Alternatively, try with mushroom dishes, mature cheeses or camembert.
Chateau Valoux has produced wines under the management of neighbouring Chateau Bouscat, since 1929. The clay-limestone vineyards date back to the 17th century, and they have been awarded the envied status of Grand Cru Classe de Graves for their exceptional wines; one of only 16 with such status. The famed Lurton family of Bordeaux have overseen production since 1979 to add to their portfolio, which includes prestigious chateaux in Margaux and Barsac.
|Grape:||Cabernet Sauvignon 80% Merlot 20%|
Intense, pure nose of black fruits, bread and toasted almonds. The palate expresses ripe fruit flavour alongside currant and violet, silky tannins and refreshing acidity for superb balance.
|Wine Making Process:||Old Vines|
|World Type:||Old World|
|Food Match:||Beef|Lamb|Duck|Game|Pork|Mushroom|Mature Cheese|Stew/Casserole|
- FREE delivery on all orders over £100
- £8 delivery for orders under £100
- Order before 12pm for same working day despatch
- Despatched via Parcel Force Next Working day delivery
- Track your order via text or email
Click & Collect - FREE
- Order ready to collect after 1 hour from order time
- Collect Monday-Saturday 12-7.30pm and Sunday 12-6pm
- If the shop is full (we have limited numbers due to Covid) just ring the bell on the side gate for a quick pick up
- FREE delivery on all orders over £50
- £4 for orders under £50
- Delivery available to customers living in postcodes - BL1, BL22, BL23, BL24, & BL7
- Select your delivery slot from available dates & time in basket