An excellent example of the Pessac-Leognan appellation in Graves, Bordeaux, where the terroir with hilly relief brings unique gravel deposits rolled by the Garonne for nearly 2 million years. Chateau Valoux present a perfected blend of Cabernet Sauvignon and Merlot. Grapes are hand harvested from small grand cru vineyards of limestone and clay soils before traditional vinification.
Deep ruby in colour, this wine shows an intense, pure nose of black fruits, bread and toasted almonds. The palate expresses ripe fruit flavour alongside currant and violet, silky tannins and refreshing acidity for superb balance. Able to age in bottle for 5 to 10 years. Try with a range of meats: grilled, braised or stewed lamb, beef, duck, pork or game. Alternatively, try with mushroom dishes, mature cheeses or camembert.
Chateau Valoux has produced wines under the management of neighbouring Chateau Bouscat, since 1929. The clay-limestone vineyards date back to the 17th century, and they have been awarded the envied status of Grand Cru Classe de Graves for their exceptional wines; one of only 16 with such status. The famed Lurton family of Bordeaux have overseen production since 1979 to add to their portfolio, which includes prestigious chateaux in Margaux and Barsac.
|Grape:||Cabernet Sauvignon 80% Merlot 20%|
Intense, pure nose of black fruits, bread and toasted almonds. The palate expresses ripe fruit flavour alongside currant and violet, silky tannins and refreshing acidity for superb balance.
|Wine Making Process:||Old Vines|
|Vintage Note:||From the vintages available you will be delivered the earliest or a mix depending on quantities ordered. Please leave a message in basket if you require a specific vintage|
|World Type:||Old World|
|Food Match:||Beef|Lamb|Duck|Game|Pork|Mushroom|Mature Cheese|Stew/Casserole|
If you can but not essential, buy in quantities of 1, 2, 3, 4, 6 or 12.
This greatly helps with the amount of padding needed to safely send your wine which in turn helps the environment, Win Win!
National Delivery - FREE on orders over £150
- FREE delivery on all orders over £150
- £10 delivery for orders under £150
- Order before 12pm Wednesday - Friday for same working day despatch
- We are currently not despatching orders Monday & Tuesday when the shop is closed
- Despatched via Parcel Force Next Working day delivery
- Track your order via text or email
Click & Collect - FREE
- Order ready to collect after 1 hour from order time
- Collect Wednesday-Saturday 12-7pm and Sunday 12-6pm
- Note Shop is closed Monday & Tuesday
Local Delivery - Free on orders over £100
- £5 delivery for orders under £100
- 2 mile radius from the shop, if you are within the radius you will be given the local delivery option at checkout.
- A member of the team will be in touch to book a slot for your delivery