This Bordeaux wine from Chateau Roc de Segur blends Merlot, Cabernet Sauvignon and a touch of Cabernet Franc. Grapes are vinified in stainless steel tanks with modern
winemaking techniques include thermoregulation and micro-oxygenation. This creates an easy drinking claret wine that is estate bottled.
Ruby in appearance with bright red cherry aromas in a soft style. The palate shows rich berries, a little green stalk and a hint of black pepper. Supple, silky tannins pair well with gentle spice on the finish. Try with roast duck or game, roasted veg, wild mushrooms or garlic dishes.
Chateau Roc de Ségur has its origins with the Marquis de Ségur, Nicholas Alexandre (1697 – 1755), who was the largest owner of vineyards in Bordeaux earning him the nickname “Prince of Vines” from King Louis XV. Today’s 47 hectare vineyard, planted in 1992, is owned by Gisèle and Daniel Vidal. Situated on a vast limestone plateau overlooking the breath taking Segur Valley in the heart of Entre-deux-Mers, the site was originally a quarry and the winery and cellar are carved into the rock itself.
Bottle size 150cl
|Grape:||Merlot 65% Cabernet Sauvignon 27% Cabernet Franc 8%|
Bright red cherry aromas in a soft style. The palate shows rich berries, a little green stalk and a hint of black pepper. Supple, silky tannins pair well with gentle spice on the finish.
|Vintage Note:||From the vintages available you will be delivered the earliest or a mix depending on quantities ordered. Please leave a message in basket if you require a specific vintage|
|World Type:||Old World|
|Food Match:||Duck|Game|Roast vegetables|Mushroom|Garlic Dishes|
|Producer:||Chateau Roc De Segur|
If you can but not essential, buy in quantities of 1, 2, 3, 4, 6 or 12.
This greatly helps with the amount of padding needed to safely send your wine which in turn helps the environment, Win Win!
National Delivery - FREE on orders over £150
- FREE delivery on all orders over £150
- £10 delivery for orders under £150
- Order before 12pm Wednesday - Friday for same working day despatch
- We are currently not despatching orders Monday & Tuesday when the shop is closed
- Despatched via Parcel Force Next Working day delivery
- Track your order via text or email
Click & Collect - FREE
- Order ready to collect after 1 hour from order time
- Collect Wednesday-Saturday 12-7pm and Sunday 12-6pm
- Note Shop is closed Monday & Tuesday
Local Delivery - Free on orders over £100
- £5 delivery for orders under £100
- 2 mile radius from the shop, if you are within the radius you will be given the local delivery option at checkout.
- A member of the team will be in touch to book a slot for your delivery