Plan de Dieu was awarded Côtes du Rhône Villages status for its outstanding red wines in 2005, This 3-grape blend from Chateau le Grand Retour highlights why, using Grenache, Mourvedre and Syrah grapes grown in the area's distinctive red clay, pebbled soils.
Aged in oak barrique, it shows intense black and red berry aromas with complex spice tones falling on to a rich, silky palate. Textured mouthfeel and layered flavours of juicy blackberry, earthy characters and subtle smoke before a finish tinged with cedar. Perfect with barbecue cuisine.
Chateau Le Grand Retour is owned by the industrious Aubert brothers, who also
own fellow our Rhone wine, Domaines Andre Aubert, all bottled on their 40 hectare estate. The winery has embraced modernisation to achieve a balance of traditional vinification focusing on flavour extraction, body and structure, with modern technology.
|Grape:||Grenache, Mourvedre, Syrah|
|Region/Appellation:||Rhone/Plan de Dieu|
Intense black and red berry aromas with complex spice tones falling on to a rich, silky palate. Textured mouthfeel and layered flavours of juicy blackberry, earthy characters and subtle smoke before a finish tinged with cedar.
|Vintage Note:||From the vintages available you will be delivered the earliest or a mix depending on quantities ordered. Please leave a message in basket if you require a specific vintage|
|World Type:||Old World|
|Producer:||Chateau le Grand Retour|
If you can but not essential, buy in quantities of 1, 2, 3, 4, 6 or 12.
This greatly helps with the amount of padding needed to safely send your wine which in turn helps the environment, Win Win!
National Delivery - FREE on orders over £150
- FREE delivery on all orders over £150
- £10 delivery for orders under £150
- Order before 12pm Wednesday - Friday for same working day despatch
- We are currently not despatching orders Monday & Tuesday when the shop is closed
- Despatched via Parcel Force Next Working day delivery
- Track your order via text or email
Click & Collect - FREE
- Order ready to collect after 1 hour from order time
- Collect Wednesday-Saturday 12-7pm and Sunday 12-6pm
- Note Shop is closed Monday & Tuesday
Local Delivery - Free on orders over £100
- £5 delivery for orders under £100
- 2 mile radius from the shop, if you are within the radius you will be given the local delivery option at checkout.
- A member of the team will be in touch to book a slot for your delivery