Cascina Bongiovanni create this exceptional Barolo wine. Nebbiolo grapes are crushed before being fermented on their skins in stainless steel tanks. The resulting wine is aged for a minimum of 24 months in French oak barriques.
The result is a wine with a combination of density, clarity and precision that leaves you stunned. Damp cedar and forest fruit characters on the nose alongside a hint of wet mint and earthy mushrooms. The palate bursts with black cherry, dried red berries, liquorice, and twiggy dried spice. Supple, fine-grained tannins with good supporting weight and a fruity finish.
Suitable for bottle ageing for a further 10-15 years This wine is bottled without filtration so will require decanting at least 30 minutes before consumption. Try with rich ragu and risotto dishes, or strong cheeses.
Cascina Bongiovanni are a small, family-run estate in the heart of Italy’s prestigious Piedmont region. Two hectares of 30+ year old vines in hillside vineyards of clay-loam soils have controlled yields and minimal interference, with limited use of chemical sprays. The annual temperatures, rainfall and climatic conditions determine the quantity of Barolo produced.
Density, clarity and precision that leaves you stunned. Damp cedar and forest fruit characters on the nose alongside a hint of wet mint and earthy mushrooms. The palate bursts with black cherry, dried red berries, liquorice, and twiggy dried spice.
|Vintage Note:||From the vintages available you will be delivered the earliest or a mix depending on quantities ordered. Please leave a message in basket if you require a specific vintage|
|World Type:||Old World|
|Food Match:||Pasta|Risotto|Mature Cheese|
If you can but not essential, buy in quantities of 1, 2, 3, 4, 6 or 12.
This greatly helps with the amount of padding needed to safely send your wine which in turn helps the environment, Win Win!
National Delivery - FREE on orders over £150
- FREE delivery on all orders over £150
- £10 delivery for orders under £150
- Order before 12pm Wednesday - Friday for same working day despatch
- We are currently not despatching orders Monday & Tuesday when the shop is closed
- Despatched via Parcel Force Next Working day delivery
- Track your order via text or email
Click & Collect - FREE
- Order ready to collect after 1 hour from order time
- Collect Wednesday-Saturday 12-7pm and Sunday 12-6pm
- Note Shop is closed Monday & Tuesday
Local Delivery - Free on orders over £100
- £5 delivery for orders under £100
- 2 mile radius from the shop, if you are within the radius you will be given the local delivery option at checkout.
- A member of the team will be in touch to book a slot for your delivery