Cascina Bongiovanni create this exceptional Barolo wine. Nebbiolo grapes are crushed before being fermented on their skins in stainless steel tanks. The resulting wine is aged for a minimum of 18 months in French oak barriques.
The result is a wine with a combination of density, clarity and precision that leaves you stunned. Damp cedar and forest fruit characters on the nose alongside a hint of wet mint and earthy mushrooms. The palate bursts with black cherry, dried red berries, liquorice, and twiggy dried spice. Supple, fine-grained tannins with good supporting weight and a fruity finish.
Suitable for bottle ageing for a further 10-15 years This wine is bottled without filtration so will require decanting at least 30 minutes before consumption. Try with rich ragu and risotto dishes, or strong cheeses.
Cascina Bongiovanni are a small, family-run estate in the heart of Italy’s prestigious Piedmont region. Two hectares of 30+ year old vines in hillside vineyards of clay-loam soils have controlled yields and minimal interference, with limited use of chemical sprays. The annual temperatures, rainfall and climatic conditions determine the quantity of Barolo produced.
Density, clarity and precision that leaves you stunned. Damp cedar and forest fruit characters on the nose alongside a hint of wet mint and earthy mushrooms. The palate bursts with black cherry, dried red berries, liquorice, and twiggy dried spice.
|World Type:||Old World|
|Food Match:||Pasta|Risotto|Mature Cheese|
- FREE delivery on all orders over £100
- £8 delivery for orders under £100
- Order before 12pm for same working day despatch
- Despatched via Parcel Force Next Working day delivery
- Track your order via text or email
Click & Collect - FREE
- Order ready to collect after 1 hour from order time
- Collect Monday-Saturday 12-7.30pm and Sunday 12-6pm
- If the shop is full (we have limited numbers due to Covid) just ring the bell on the side gate for a quick pick up
- FREE delivery on all orders over £50
- £4 for orders under £50
- Delivery available to customers living in postcodes - BL1, BL22, BL23, BL24, & BL7
- Select your delivery slot from available dates & time in basket
Cascina Bongiovanni Barolo