A great example of the Italian classic red, Valpolicella, blending Corvina, Rondinella and Molinara grapes from the appellation of the same name in the Veneto region. Casalforte use careful selection of grapes with lots of skin contact during fermentation before part-ageing in wood casks for 12 months, and part-ageing in stainless steel.
The final blend shows intense scents of blueberry, cherry jam and liquorice, complemented by pleasant balsamic notes of eucalyptus. The elegantly textured palate brings soft, velvety tannins and a fine finish. Try with antipasti, red meats, tomato pastas or pizzas, or mature cheeses.
Casalforte (previously Castelforte) is Cantine Riondo Winery’s premium line representing the finest interpretation of the winemaking tradition of Veneto terroirs. Wines are elegant and full-bodied that pair perfectly with the most complex and sophisticated dishes of Italian and international cuisine.
|Grape:||Corvina 60% Rondinella 30% Molinara 5% Other 5%|
Intense scents of blueberry, cherry jam and liquorice, complemented by pleasant balsamic notes of eucalyptus. The elegantly textured palate brings soft, velvety tannins and a fine finish.
|Vintage Note:||From the vintages available you will be delivered the earliest or a mix depending on quantities ordered. Please leave a message in basket if you require a specific vintage|
|World Type:||Old World|
|Food Match:||Antipasti|Pasta|Pizza|Beef|Mature Cheese|Lamb|
If you can but not essential, buy in quantities of 1, 2, 3, 4, 6 or 12.
This greatly helps with the amount of padding needed to safely send your wine which in turn helps the environment, Win Win!
National Delivery - FREE on orders over £150
- FREE delivery on all orders over £150
- £10 delivery for orders under £150
- Order before 12pm Wednesday - Friday for same working day despatch
- We are currently not despatching orders Monday & Tuesday when the shop is closed
- Despatched via Parcel Force Next Working day delivery
- Track your order via text or email
Click & Collect - FREE
- Order ready to collect after 1 hour from order time
- Collect Wednesday-Saturday 12-7pm and Sunday 12-6pm
- Note Shop is closed Monday & Tuesday
Local Delivery - Free on orders over £100
- £5 delivery for orders under £100
- 2 mile radius from the shop, if you are within the radius you will be given the local delivery option at checkout.
- A member of the team will be in touch to book a slot for your delivery