A great example of the Italian classic red, Valpolicella, blending Corvina, Rondinella and Molinara grapes from the appellation of the same name in the Veneto region. Casalforte use careful selection of grapes with lots of skin contact during fermentation before part-ageing in wood casks for 12 months, and part-ageing in stainless steel.
The final blend shows intense scents of blueberry, cherry jam and liquorice, complemented by pleasant balsamic notes of eucalyptus. The elegantly textured palate brings soft, velvety tannins and a fine finish. Try with antipasti, red meats, tomato pastas or pizzas, or mature cheeses.
Casalforte (previously Castelforte) is Cantine Riondo Winery’s premium line representing the finest interpretation of the winemaking tradition of Veneto terroirs. Wines are elegant and full-bodied that pair perfectly with the most complex and sophisticated dishes of Italian and international cuisine.
|Grape:||Corvina 60% Rondinella 30% Molinara 5% Other 5%|
Intense scents of blueberry, cherry jam and liquorice, complemented by pleasant balsamic notes of eucalyptus. The elegantly textured palate brings soft, velvety tannins and a fine finish.
|World Type:||Old World|
|Food Match:||Antipasti|Pasta|Pizza|Beef|Mature Cheese|Lamb|
- FREE delivery on all orders over £100
- £8 delivery for orders under £100
- Order before 12pm for same working day despatch
- Despatched via Parcel Force Next Working day delivery
- Track your order via text or email
Click & Collect - FREE
- Order ready to collect after 1 hour from order time
- Collect Monday-Saturday 12-7.30pm and Sunday 12-6pm
- If the shop is full (we have limited numbers due to Covid) just ring the bell on the side gate for a quick pick up
- FREE delivery on all orders over £50
- £4 for orders under £50
- Delivery available to customers living in postcodes - BL1, BL22, BL23, BL24, & BL7
- Select your delivery slot from available dates & time in basket
Casalforte Valpolicella Superiore:
Corvina 60% Rondinella 30% Molinara 5% Other 5%