Casalforte Amarone Della Valpolicella
This Amarone della Valpolicella uses the well-honed method of slow-fermenting partially dried (Apassimento) Corvina, Rondinella and Molinara grapes on skins. This achieves the deep concentration and subtle sweetness of classic Amarone.
Veneto's Casalforte follow this with a minimum of 18 months' ageing in oak. The result is a deep ruby wine exuding a complex bouquet of cinnamon, cherry jam and walnut. The palate brings lots of ripe black cherry with notes of vanilla and coffee on the long finish. Try with rich tomato pasta dishes, grilled beef and lamb, game, or mature cheeses.
Casalforte (previously Castelforte) is Cantine Riondo Winery’s premium line representing the finest interpretation of the winemaking tradition of Veneto terroirs. Wines are elegant and full-bodied that pair perfectly with the most complex and sophisticated dishes of Italian and international cuisine.
|Grape:||Corvina, Rondinella, Molinara|
|Region/Appellation:||Veneto/Amarone della Valpolicella|
A complex bouquet of cinnamon, cherry jam and walnut. The palate brings lots of ripe black cherry with notes of vanilla and coffee on the long finish.
|Wine Making Process:||Appassimento|
|World Type:||Old World|
|Food Match:||Beef|Lamb|Pasta|Game|Mature Cheese|
- FREE delivery on all orders over £100
- £8 delivery for orders under £100
- Order before 12pm for same working day despatch
- Despatched via Parcel Force Next Working day delivery
- Track your order via text or email
Click & Collect - FREE
- Order ready to collect after 1 hour from order time
- Collect Monday-Saturday 12-7.30pm and Sunday 12-6pm
- If the shop is full (we have limited numbers due to Covid) just ring the bell on the side gate for a quick pick up
- FREE delivery on all orders over £50
- £4 for orders under £50
- Delivery available to customers living in postcodes - BL1, BL22, BL23, BL24, & BL7
- Select your delivery slot from available dates & time in basket