This Amarone della Valpolicella uses the well-honed method of slow-fermenting partially dried (Apassimento) Corvina, Rondinella and Molinara grapes on skins. This achieves the deep concentration and subtle sweetness of classic Amarone.
Veneto's Casalforte follow this with a minimum of 18 months' ageing in oak. The result is a deep ruby wine exuding a complex bouquet of cinnamon, cherry jam and walnut. The palate brings lots of ripe black cherry with notes of vanilla and coffee on the long finish. Try with rich tomato pasta dishes, grilled beef and lamb, game, or mature cheeses.
Casalforte (previously Castelforte) is Cantine Riondo Winery’s premium line representing the finest interpretation of the winemaking tradition of Veneto terroirs. Wines are elegant and full-bodied that pair perfectly with the most complex and sophisticated dishes of Italian and international cuisine.
|Grape:||Corvina, Rondinella, Molinara|
|Region/Appellation:||Veneto/Amarone della Valpolicella|
A complex bouquet of cinnamon, cherry jam and walnut. The palate brings lots of ripe black cherry with notes of vanilla and coffee on the long finish.
|Wine Making Process:||Appassimento|
|Vintage Note:||From the vintages available you will be delivered the earliest or a mix depending on quantities ordered. Please leave a message in basket if you require a specific vintage|
|World Type:||Old World|
|Food Match:||Beef|Lamb|Pasta|Game|Mature Cheese|
If you can but not essential, buy in quantities of 1, 2, 3, 4, 6 or 12.
This greatly helps with the amount of padding needed to safely send your wine which in turn helps the environment, Win Win!
National Delivery - FREE on orders over £150
- FREE delivery on all orders over £150
- £10 delivery for orders under £150
- Order before 12pm Wednesday - Friday for same working day despatch
- We are currently not despatching orders Monday & Tuesday when the shop is closed
- Despatched via Parcel Force Next Working day delivery
- Track your order via text or email
Click & Collect - FREE
- Order ready to collect after 1 hour from order time
- Collect Wednesday-Saturday 12-7pm and Sunday 12-6pm
- Note Shop is closed Monday & Tuesday
Local Delivery - Free on orders over £100
- £5 delivery for orders under £100
- 2 mile radius from the shop, if you are within the radius you will be given the local delivery option at checkout.
- A member of the team will be in touch to book a slot for your delivery