This Californian Pinot Noir sources grapes from across the North Coast for flexibility to achieve the best wine possible. Only low to moderate yield vineyards with high quality fruit are selected, mostly Mendocino and Lake County. Fermented in temperature controlled stainless steel and macerated with 2-3 pumpovers per day for 2-3 weeks. Fermented to dryness before ageing in French oak, 70% used and 30% new, for 10 months.
Ruby-purple in appearance with bold aromas of cherry, raspberry and blackberry alongside vanilla meringue and toasty oak. Warming on the tongue thanks to subtle baking spice, with stone-like minerality rounding into a juicy, firm finish. Try with beef, lamb or game, salmon, or hearty stews.
Tony Cartlidge founded Cartlidge & Browne in 1980 in an undistinguished Napa Valley garage. Nearly 40 years later, still sourcing from vineyards across the North Coast as wide ranging as Sonoma to the Sierra foothills, the winery produces high quality, varietally pure Californian wines. Current winemaker Paul Moser focuses on making wines in a fruit driven style in perfect balance with the environment.
Bold aromas of cherry, raspberry and blackberry alongside vanilla meringue and toasty oak. Warming on the tongue thanks to subtle baking spice, with stone-like minerality rounding into a juicy, firm finish.
|Appearance:||Ruby & Purple Hues|
|Vintage Note:||From the vintages available you will be delivered the earliest or a mix depending on quantities ordered. Please leave a message in basket if you require a specific vintage|
|World Type:||New World|
|Producer:||Cartlidge & Browne|
If you can but not essential, buy in quantities of 1, 2, 3, 4, 6 or 12.
This greatly helps with the amount of padding needed to safely send your wine which in turn helps the environment, Win Win!
National Delivery - FREE on orders over £150
- FREE delivery on all orders over £150
- £10 delivery for orders under £150
- Order before 12pm Wednesday - Friday for same working day despatch
- We are currently not despatching orders Monday & Tuesday when the shop is closed
- Despatched via Parcel Force Next Working day delivery
- Track your order via text or email
Click & Collect - FREE
- Order ready to collect after 1 hour from order time
- Collect Wednesday-Saturday 12-7pm and Sunday 12-6pm
- Note Shop is closed Monday & Tuesday
Local Delivery - Free on orders over £100
- £5 delivery for orders under £100
- 2 mile radius from the shop, if you are within the radius you will be given the local delivery option at checkout.
- A member of the team will be in touch to book a slot for your delivery