This Californian Chardonnay sources grapes from across the North Coast. Only low to moderate yield vineyards with high quality fruit are selected, some with lively acid, others that lend weight and substance on the palate. A touch of Muscat Canelli grapes add floral touches. Gentle pressing followed by cold and slow fermentation with traditional Chardonnay yeast strains. Post ferment, the wine was aged 4 months on yeast lees in French oak. no malolactic fermentation.
This results in a wine of light gold appearance with aromas of straw, lemon, and oak tones of sweet caramel and hazelnut. The palate is full and rounded yet crisp and fresh with flavours of pear, melon and light citrus tones. Try with seafood, grilled chicken or pork, or pasta with creamy sauce.
Tony Cartlidge founded Cartlidge & Browne in 1980 in an undistinguished Napa Valley garage. Nearly 40 years later, still sourcing from vineyards across the North Coast as wide ranging as Sonoma to the Sierra foothills, the winery produces high quality, varietally pure Californian wines. Current winemaker Paul Moser focuses on making wines in a fruit driven style in perfect balance with the environment.
Suitable for Vegans & Vegetarians
|Grape:||Chardonnay 96% Muscat Canelli 4%|
Aromas of straw, lemon, and oak tones of sweet caramel and hazelnut. The palate is full and rounded yet crisp and fresh with flavours of pear, melon and light citrus tones.
|Wine Making Process:||Lees|
|Vintage Note:||From the vintages available you will be delivered the earliest or a mix depending on quantities ordered. Please leave a message in basket if you require a specific vintage|
|World Type:||New World|
|Producer:||Cartlidge & Browne|
If you can but not essential, buy in quantities of 1, 2, 3, 4, 6 or 12.
This greatly helps with the amount of padding needed to safely send your wine which in turn helps the environment, Win Win!
National Delivery - FREE on orders over £150
- FREE delivery on all orders over £150
- £10 delivery for orders under £150
- Order before 12pm Wednesday - Friday for same working day despatch
- We are currently not despatching orders Monday & Tuesday when the shop is closed
- Despatched via Parcel Force Next Working day delivery
- Track your order via text or email
Click & Collect - FREE
- Order ready to collect after 1 hour from order time
- Collect Wednesday-Saturday 12-7pm and Sunday 12-6pm
- Note Shop is closed Monday & Tuesday
Local Delivery - Free on orders over £100
- £5 delivery for orders under £100
- 2 mile radius from the shop, if you are within the radius you will be given the local delivery option at checkout.
- A member of the team will be in touch to book a slot for your delivery