A Spanish white wine showcasing the favourite grape of the Galician Rias Baixas region, Albarino. The grapes are hand-harvested and transported to the winery within two hours of picking to maintain optimum freshness. The grapes are gently pressed prior to fermentation, which takes place in stainless steel tanks with temperature-control for 15 days. The resulting wine goes through microfiltration immediately before bottling.
The result is Calazul, a youthful and fresh wine of pale lemon appearance. Bright zesty tropical fruit and gooseberry aromas with a citrus core supported by a lime and mineral structure. Soft citrus and a little peach appear on a well-rounded palate, with additional crisp green apple, fresh lemon and an underlying hint of chalky minerality leading to a tangy finish. Try with fresh fish dishes.
Bodegas Rectoral do Umia is a state-of-the-art winery located on the banks of the Umia River in the Valdo Salnés. Founded in 2009, some 200 wine growers supply them from around 130 hectares of vineyard planted on the rocky, alluvial soils of the nearby rolling hills. Albariño was first introduced to Galicia in the 12th century and thrives in these conditions, accounting for nearly 90% of all vines planted in Rías Baixas.
Bright zesty tropical fruit and gooseberry aromas with a citrus core supported by a lime and mineral structure. Soft citrus and a little peach appear on a well-rounded palate, with additional crisp green apple, fresh lemon and an underlying hint of chalky minerality leading to a tangy finish.
|Vintage Note:||From the vintages available you will be delivered the earliest or a mix depending on quantities ordered. Please leave a message in basket if you require a specific vintage|
|World Type:||Old World|
|Producer:||Rectoral do Umia|
If you can but not essential, buy in quantities of 1, 2, 3, 4, 6 or 12.
This greatly helps with the amount of padding needed to safely send your wine which in turn helps the environment, Win Win!
National Delivery - FREE on orders over £150
- FREE delivery on all orders over £150
- £10 delivery for orders under £150
- Order before 12pm Wednesday - Friday for same working day despatch
- We are currently not despatching orders Monday & Tuesday when the shop is closed
- Despatched via Parcel Force Next Working day delivery
- Track your order via text or email
Click & Collect - FREE
- Order ready to collect after 1 hour from order time
- Collect Wednesday-Saturday 12-7pm and Sunday 12-6pm
- Note Shop is closed Monday & Tuesday
Local Delivery - Free on orders over £100
- £5 delivery for orders under £100
- 2 mile radius from the shop, if you are within the radius you will be given the local delivery option at checkout.
- A member of the team will be in touch to book a slot for your delivery