This Barolo from Ca' Bianca uses Nebbiolo grapes sourced from low-yielding vines planted at high density. The vineyards are situated at 950 feet in elevation with primary soils of composite and clay. Grapes go through cool maceration before vinification in stainless steel. The young wines are aged in a combination of large Slovenian oak cask and new and used French barrels for a period of 24 months.
Garnet in colour tending towards strong blue, this wine shows an intense and ethereal bouquet of vanilla, cloves and clean woodland undergrowth. the palate is full and firm with velvety flavour and a fine, lingering aftertaste of liquorice and ripe red fruits. Try with classic meat ravioli, rich red meat or mushroom dishes and stews, game, roast goose, or mature hard cheeses,
Casa Vinicola Ca’ Bianca opened in 1952, in Alto Monferrato. Today, Pier Luigi Borgna crafts world-class, modern-styled wines from a natural amphitheatre of 96 contiguous acres of hillside vineyards.
An intense and ethereal bouquet of vanilla, cloves and clean woodland undergrowth. The palate is full and firm with velvety flavour and a fine, lingering aftertaste of liquorice and ripe red fruits.
|Vintage Note:||From the vintages available you will be delivered the earliest or a mix depending on quantities ordered. Please leave a message in basket if you require a specific vintage|
|World Type:||Old World|
|Food Match:||Pasta|Beef|Lamb|Game|Mature Cheese|Hard Cheese|Goose|Mushroom|Stew/Casserole|
|Producer:||Tenimenti Ca' Bianca|
If you can but not essential, buy in quantities of 1, 2, 3, 4, 6 or 12.
This greatly helps with the amount of padding needed to safely send your wine which in turn helps the environment, Win Win!
National Delivery - FREE on orders over £150
- FREE delivery on all orders over £150
- £10 delivery for orders under £150
- Order before 12pm Wednesday - Friday for same working day despatch
- We are currently not despatching orders Monday & Tuesday when the shop is closed
- Despatched via Parcel Force Next Working day delivery
- Track your order via text or email
Click & Collect - FREE
- Order ready to collect after 1 hour from order time
- Collect Wednesday-Saturday 12-7pm and Sunday 12-6pm
- Note Shop is closed Monday & Tuesday
Local Delivery - Free on orders over £100
- £5 delivery for orders under £100
- 2 mile radius from the shop, if you are within the radius you will be given the local delivery option at checkout.
- A member of the team will be in touch to book a slot for your delivery