This Barolo from Ca' Bianca uses Nebbiolo grapes sourced from low-yielding vines planted at high density. The vineyards are situated at 950 feet in elevation with primary soils of composite and clay. Grapes go through cool maceration before vinification in stainless steel. The young wines are aged in a combination of large Slovenian oak cask and new and used French barrels for a period of 24 months.
Garnet in colour tending towards strong blue, this wine shows an intense and ethereal bouquet of vanilla, cloves and clean woodland undergrowth. the palate is full and firm with velvety flavour and a fine, lingering aftertaste of liquorice and ripe red fruits. Try with classic meat ravioli, rich red meat or mushroom dishes and stews, game, roast goose, or mature hard cheeses,
Casa Vinicola Ca’ Bianca opened in 1952, in Alto Monferrato. Today, Pier Luigi Borgna crafts world-class, modern-styled wines from a natural amphitheatre of 96 contiguous acres of hillside vineyards.
An intense and ethereal bouquet of vanilla, cloves and clean woodland undergrowth. The palate is full and firm with velvety flavour and a fine, lingering aftertaste of liquorice and ripe red fruits.
|World Type:||Old World|
|Food Match:||Pasta|Beef|Lamb|Game|Mature Cheese|Hard Cheese|Goose|Mushroom|Stew/Casserole|
|Producer:||Tenimenti Ca' Bianca|
- FREE delivery on all orders over £100
- £8 delivery for orders under £100
- Order before 12pm for same working day despatch
- Despatched via Parcel Force Next Working day delivery
- Track your order via text or email
Click & Collect - FREE
- Order ready to collect after 1 hour from order time
- Collect Monday-Saturday 12-7.30pm and Sunday 12-6pm
- If the shop is full (we have limited numbers due to Covid) just ring the bell on the side gate for a quick pick up
- FREE delivery on all orders over £50
- £4 for orders under £50
- Delivery available to customers living in postcodes - BL1, BL22, BL23, BL24, & BL7
- Select your delivery slot from available dates & time in basket