Bochendal's sublime Methode Cap Classique NV Sparkling Brut uses Chardonnay and Pinot Noir with just a touch of Pinotage. Grapes were hand-picked in the cool dawn, quality sorted and placed in small lug boxes for gentle transportation to the cellar. Whole-bunch pressed in separate lots, only the finest free-run juice is fermented, before being left on the primary lees until final blending. A second fermentation and a minimum of 12 months maturation on the lees in bottle brings the fine mousse, bubbles, complexity and character before release.
The result is a wine of pale gold appearance with a flourish of delicate bubbles and enticing lemon cream and almond Biscotti aromatic notes and flavours. These precede lovely layers of citrus and a finish with appealing length and freshness. The palate is well-rounded with a creamy mouth-feel and mouthwatering minerality. Try on its own or with shellfish, seafood, citrus and garlic dishes, creamy pasta, or soft cheeses such as Brie, Camembert, or Goat's.
Founded in 1685, Boschendal use their winemaking heritage of almost 300 years to meticulously balance rustic tradition and modern innovation. Nestled in one of the most picturesque valleys in the Western Cape wine lands, they also bring ecological integrity as a WWF Conservation Champion for South Africa.
|Grape:||Chardonnay 58% Pinot Noir 41% Pinotage 1%|
A flourish of delicate bubbles and enticing lemon cream and almond Biscotti aromatic notes and flavours. These precede lovely layers of citrus and a finish with appealing length and freshness. The palate is well-rounded with a creamy mouth-feel and mouthwatering minerality.
|Wine Making Process:||Traditional Method|
|Vintage Note:||From the vintages available you will be delivered the earliest or a mix depending on quantities ordered. Please leave a message in basket if you require a specific vintage|
|World Type:||New World|
|Food Match:||Shellfish|Seafood|Garlic Dishes|Pasta|Soft Cheese|
If you can but not essential, buy in quantities of 1, 2, 3, 4, 6 or 12.
This greatly helps with the amount of padding needed to safely send your wine which in turn helps the environment, Win Win!
National Delivery - FREE on orders over £150
- FREE delivery on all orders over £150
- £10 delivery for orders under £150
- Order before 12pm Wednesday - Friday for same working day despatch
- We are currently not despatching orders Monday & Tuesday when the shop is closed
- Despatched via Parcel Force Next Working day delivery
- Track your order via text or email
Click & Collect - FREE
- Order ready to collect after 1 hour from order time
- Collect Wednesday-Saturday 12-7pm and Sunday 12-6pm
- Note Shop is closed Monday & Tuesday
Local Delivery - Free on orders over £100
- £5 delivery for orders under £100
- 2 mile radius from the shop, if you are within the radius you will be given the local delivery option at checkout.
- A member of the team will be in touch to book a slot for your delivery