Toro in Spain's Castilla Y Leon wine region is gaining a international repute for its full bodied Tinta de Toro (Tempranillo) red wines. This example comes from Bodegas Piedra who bring old vine grapes from their vineyard in the heart of Toro.
Grapes are manually harvested from the Bocarrage and Laviuda vineyards, with vines from 1968 and 1998 respectively. 85% Tinta de Toro and 15% Garnacha are fermented in stainless steel with frequent pumpovers, further malolactic fermentaion, and finally 4 months maturation in French oak barrels.
This creates a wine of intense cherry-red colour, with an explosion of red berries and liquorice on the nose. The palate reveals its young and fascinating personality, with an exceptionally round and well-balanced sensation in the mouth gliding towards an agreeably long and harmonious finish. Try with tapas, red meats and game stews.
Bodegas Estancia Piedra is the story of a family who turned their passion into reality producing excellent wines. Their estate vineyard was planted in 1968 and is the largest parcel of old vines in Toro DO. Stony alluvium soils with a sandy surface and clay subsoil help retain water in the continental climate, whilst elevation at 330m above sea level help bring cooling Atlantic breezes. Piedra wines have been created to delight the senses, to celebrate life and friendship.
|Grape:||Tinta de Toro 85% Garnacha 15%|
|Region/Appellation:||Castilla Y Leon/Toro|
An explosion of red berries and liquorice on the nose. The palate reveals its young and fascinating personality, with an exceptionally round and well-balanced sensation in the mouth gliding towards an agreeably long and harmonious finish.
|Wine Making Process:||Old Vines|
|World Type:||Old World|
- FREE delivery on all orders over £100
- £8 delivery for orders under £100
- Order before 12pm for same working day despatch
- Despatched via Parcel Force Next Working day delivery
- Track your order via text or email
Click & Collect - FREE
- Order ready to collect after 1 hour from order time
- Collect Monday-Saturday 12-7.30pm and Sunday 12-6pm
- If the shop is full (we have limited numbers due to Covid) just ring the bell on the side gate for a quick pick up
- FREE delivery on all orders over £50
- £4 for orders under £50
- Delivery available to customers living in postcodes - BL1, BL22, BL23, BL24, & BL7
- Select your delivery slot from available dates & time in basket
Bodegas Piedra Roble
Tinta de Toro 85% Garnacha 15%