Billecart-Salmon is one of the few remaining Champagne houses to be owned by the original family and was established in 1818 by Nicolas-François Billecart and Elisabeth Salmon. Most of Billecart-Salmon's fruit comes from a small vineyard holding, though this is supplemented with grapes bought in from the Marne Valley and the Montagne de Reims. Their recipe for perfection in their flagship cuvee rose was created in the 1970s, when Jean Roland-Billecart aimed to create a wine very pale in colour with flavour distinguished by its freshness and subtle notes of red berries.
Pinot Meunier, Chardonnay and Pinot Noir grapes go through 36 months' ageing on its lees to bring a light, elegant flavour, followed by a fresh finish with a taste of raspberry. A pale yet radiant pink colour adorned with warm glints of gold, the delicate bouquet shows fine notes of red berries and zest of citrus fruits. Try as an aperitif or with wild salmon, sushi, or to add a sublime touch to red fruit desserts.
The Champagne House of Billecart-Salmon in Mareuil-sur-Ay has 7 generations striving to bring quality. In 1958, they introduced a longer fermentation at a lower temperature and finally a cold settling as part of the vinification in tanks. This technique maintains the freshness and finesse which are characteristic of Billecart-Salmon wines. Their 1959 Vintage was named the “Champagne of the Millennium” by a jury of experts following a blind tasting of 150 vintages from the greatest Champagne Houses organised in Stockholm.
|Grape:||Pinot Meunier, Chardonnay, Pinot Noir|
A light, elegant flavour, followed by a fresh finish with a taste of raspberry. The delicate bouquet shows fine notes of red berries and zest of citrus fruits.
|Wine Making Process:||Lees|Traditional Method|Bottle Aged|
|World Type:||Old World|
- FREE delivery on all orders over £100
- £8 delivery for orders under £100
- Order before 12pm for same working day despatch
- Despatched via Parcel Force Next Working day delivery
- Track your order via text or email
Click & Collect - FREE
- Order ready to collect after 1 hour from order time
- Collect Monday-Saturday 12-7.30pm and Sunday 12-6pm
- If the shop is full (we have limited numbers due to Covid) just ring the bell on the side gate for a quick pick up
- FREE delivery on all orders over £50
- £4 for orders under £50
- Delivery available to customers living in postcodes - BL1, BL22, BL23, BL24, & BL7
- Select your delivery slot from available dates & time in basket
Billecart-Salmon Brut Rose Champagne:
Pinot Meunier, Chardonnay, Pinot Noir