Billecart-Salmon is one of the few remaining Champagne houses to be owned by the original family and was established in 1818 by Nicolas-François Billecart and Elisabeth Salmon. Most of Billecart-Salmon's fruit comes from a small vineyard holding, though this is supplemented with grapes bought in from the Marne Valley and the Montagne de Reims. Meticulous production techniques, from the use of their own cultured yeast to its long, slow, cool fermentation, ensure that the family has 100 percent control of production.
The Brut Reserve is created with Pinot Meunier, Chardonnay and Pinot Noir grapes aged for 30 months on its lees. Reflections of straw yellow in colour, it is recognisable by the finesse of its slowly rising bubbles and its persistent and plentiful mousse. The bouquet has a touch of floral freshness which expresses aromas of fresh fruit and ripe pear, followed by a full and precise flavour on the palate. Try as an aperitif or with a variety of light dishes.
The Champagne House of Billecart-Salmon in Mareuil-sur-Ay has 7 generations striving to bring quality. In 1958, they introduced a longer fermentation at a lower temperature and finally a cold settling as part of the vinification in tanks. This technique maintains the freshness and finesse which are characteristic of Billecart-Salmon wines. Their 1959 Vintage was named the “Champagne of the Millennium” by a jury of experts following a blind tasting of 150 vintages from the greatest Champagne Houses organised in Stockholm.
|Grape:||Pinot Meunier, Chardonnay, Pinot Noir|
Recognisable by the finesse of its slowly rising bubbles and its persistent and plentiful mousse. The bouquet has a touch of floral freshness which expresses aromas of fresh fruit and ripe pear, followed by a full and precise flavour on the palate.
|Wine Making Process:||Lees|Traditional Method|Bottle Aged|
|World Type:||Old World|
- FREE delivery on all orders over £100
- £8 delivery for orders under £100
- Order before 12pm for same working day despatch
- Despatched via Parcel Force Next Working day delivery
- Track your order via text or email
Click & Collect - FREE
- Order ready to collect after 1 hour from order time
- Collect Monday-Saturday 12-7.30pm and Sunday 12-6pm
- If the shop is full (we have limited numbers due to Covid) just ring the bell on the side gate for a quick pick up
- FREE delivery on all orders over £50
- £4 for orders under £50
- Delivery available to customers living in postcodes - BL1, BL22, BL23, BL24, & BL7
- Select your delivery slot from available dates & time in basket