Billecart-Salmon is one of the few remaining Champagne houses to be owned by the original family and was established in 1818 by Nicolas-François Billecart and Elisabeth Salmon. Most of Billecart-Salmon's fruit comes from a small vineyard holding, though this is supplemented with grapes bought in from the Marne Valley and the Montagne de Reims. Meticulous production techniques, from the use of their own cultured yeast to its long, slow, cool fermentation, ensure that the family has 100 percent control of production.
The Brut Reserve is created with Pinot Meunier, Chardonnay and Pinot Noir grapes aged for 30 months on its lees. Reflections of straw yellow in colour, it is recognisable by the finesse of its slowly rising bubbles and its persistent and plentiful mousse. The bouquet has a touch of floral freshness which expresses aromas of fresh fruit and ripe pear, followed by a full and precise flavour on the palate. Try as an aperitif or with a variety of light dishes.
The Champagne House of Billecart-Salmon in Mareuil-sur-Ay has 7 generations striving to bring quality. In 1958, they introduced a longer fermentation at a lower temperature and finally a cold settling as part of the vinification in tanks. This technique maintains the freshness and finesse which are characteristic of Billecart-Salmon wines. Their 1959 Vintage was named the “Champagne of the Millennium” by a jury of experts following a blind tasting of 150 vintages from the greatest Champagne Houses organised in Stockholm.
|Grape:||Pinot Meunier, Chardonnay, Pinot Noir|
Recognisable by the finesse of its slowly rising bubbles and its persistent and plentiful mousse. The bouquet has a touch of floral freshness which expresses aromas of fresh fruit and ripe pear, followed by a full and precise flavour on the palate.
|Wine Making Process:||Lees|Traditional Method|Bottle Aged|
|Vintage Note:||From the vintages available you will be delivered the earliest or a mix depending on quantities ordered. Please leave a message in basket if you require a specific vintage|
|World Type:||Old World|
If you can but not essential, buy in quantities of 1, 2, 3, 4, 6 or 12.
This greatly helps with the amount of padding needed to safely send your wine which in turn helps the environment, Win Win!
National Delivery - FREE on orders over £150
- FREE delivery on all orders over £150
- £10 delivery for orders under £150
- Order before 12pm Wednesday - Friday for same working day despatch
- We are currently not despatching orders Monday & Tuesday when the shop is closed
- Despatched via Parcel Force Next Working day delivery
- Track your order via text or email
Click & Collect - FREE
- Order ready to collect after 1 hour from order time
- Collect Wednesday-Saturday 12-7pm and Sunday 12-6pm
- Note Shop is closed Monday & Tuesday
Local Delivery - Free on orders over £100
- £5 delivery for orders under £100
- 2 mile radius from the shop, if you are within the radius you will be given the local delivery option at checkout.
- A member of the team will be in touch to book a slot for your delivery